RESTO Our 787 x4 restoration modification thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 99 spx we have been working on is now for sale. $2500 with trailer

157.jpg

151.jpg

148.jpg

Lol, i didnt even notice that. They were on it when we bought it. Looks like I need to contact the Doc for new reg #s

After seeing [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] 's newest resto thread i got motivated to work on one of our projects that has been sitting for months.

The 97 spx we have was in great shape and I knew I could get by with just using a fine cut compound. Here is some before and after pictures.

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

Taped off the trim to get ready to buff
84.jpg

We buffed the left side bottom corner just to show the difference of before and after the buffing. You can see how faded the right side still is.
85.jpg

After buffing, some of you will probably be very surprised to see we left the decals on and just buffed them too. I usually peel up every decal. We will be pulling off the registration numbers and ordering new ones from Dr Honda.

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We also had a set of 2 toned hydro turf mats to throw on. First we wiped the footwells with acetone and then let it dry and put them down.

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

Thanks we are probably putting a yellow single gauge hood on it and on the seat we are going to stencil seadoo back on it. Just not sure if the stencil should be yellow or teal.

Oh yeah here is the motor that is going in it. All that we did was replace the counter balancer and replace all gaskets and seals, and painted it of course.

102.jpg

103.jpg

Manifold and starter also cleaned up and painted.
104.jpg

We are waiting for the head pipe to come back from being welded.

We bought 2 new wool pads today. I raked the pads and there was still fuzz everywhere. We were just lucky we only had to do the one step.

Looking good buddy, so you buffed over the decals, I gotta ask, does that mean they are staying or your new ones have not come in yet?
Also, how did you make out with the 99, is it sold yet?

Lol, no new decals for this one. As for the 99 we had some cash offers and a bunch of trade offers, but not enough. So we winterized it and set it aside for spring where we will get a better price. We may even put a package deal of both 99 spx's and a double trailer up for sale. I think we will get more selling them individually though.

This is obviously not a 787 but I didnt want to start another thread

We picked these 2 93xp's up with the trailer for $500. One has a locked up motor. Today we started working on one. They are in rough shape

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

The seats are toast. The one with the unlocked motor has a crack in the hull

58.jpg

We will do a heavy fiberglass patch on the inside of the hull and then fill the outside with gelcoat.

Pulled off the decals today and will start wet sanding soon.

59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you save a couple ole 93's. They will make a fine toy for someone who isn't already 787 spoiled.

I just love the colors of the 90's jetskis!!! Fix those up goodies!!! They will make someone every happy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newest addition, all the after market parts and being pulled off and sold and then we are going to put the stock parts back on.

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

Newest addition, all the after market parts and being pulled off and sold and then we are going to put the stock parts back on.

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

I saw that you posted in my wanted trim tab thread, I got those all sorted out.

What are you going to do about the extra holes left in the hull from the UMI steering? Fiberglass and gelcoat?

Looking forward to that build thread as always!

-Chris

The R&D stem down is sold.. The bars and, finger throttle, start stop and vts housing are available.
I was asking $400 for the R&d
The bars and housings $150

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back