RESTO 1998 SPX (The X4 bug bites again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a little side tracked this week from the buffing and what not...I've been working with a good friend of mine to get this fuel jug rack designed and welded up.
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

I'll get a pic of it mounted behind the trailer box tonight. It fits like a glove! My plan is to take it back off to polish it then powder coat it clear.

Sent from the garage

How do those fuel cans work. I'm sick and tired of these shitty fuel cans they make these days with no vents and has that stupid child proof spill things. They always leak and I want new nozzles

How do those fuel cans work. I'm sick and tired of these shitty fuel cans they make these days with no vents and has that stupid child proof spill things. They always leak and I want new nozzles

Pretty sure those are Tuff Jugs. I haven't used them myself, but they are on my short list to purchase several. Great cans, they are one of the few, maybe the only dump cans that are actually legal to carry fuel in when you buy the red one labeled "Gasoline". Though, the colors shown there wouldn't technically be legal I don't believe.

By the way, that fuel rack is awesome. I wish I had welding skills to make a rack for my trailer. I just bought a new 2015 Triton Elite WCII, I could use to have something like that mounted up front!

The purple VP racing can is just a big hose with a good size breather on the back and it flows really well.

The white and orange cans are Tuff Jugs and they are fricken sweet! They have a patented ripper cap that spirals as it pours and it also has a built in breather on the cap. They claim it's the fastest flowing jug on the market and I believe them cuz it's quick! (5 gallons in 45 seconds is what they advertise) It also stops automatically when it's full.

Sent from the garage

Last edited by a moderator:
The outsides about wrapped up with the partial wetsanding and buffing so I'll throw some more pics up of that soon.
Got side tracked again building a 2 in 1 garage stand/removable beach stand. Main reason was I needed another beach stand for the Dell's free ride at the end of this month. I really hope to have this ski done by then but if not I'll take a different one I guess. Not gonna rush it and cut corners..
Here's a few pics of the dual purpose stand
72.jpg
73.jpg

Sent from the garage

The Dell's freeride is Nicks shin dig isn't it? That's an equal opportunity ride.

The one your thinking about is the one in Florida

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

You're right! The one in Florida will not allow us to ride

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

What! Will not allow you to ride? Sounds like a great event! Requirement to have a 4 stroke three seater and be a D Bag or something?

What! Will not allow you to ride? Sounds like a great event! Requirement to have a 4 stroke three seater and be a D Bag or something?

No it is like the Daytona Freeride I believe. You have to have a standup ski and a small d inferiority complex to ride there is how Tonka described it.

Ok, I get it...... So it is the ALMOST Freeride. LOL.

Come one, come all. Spend your money and have a great time with us but leave the riding to the professionals, stupid kid!

No Nick doesn't host the Dells ride. He hosts the TCJP sortie up in Lake City, MN on Lake Pepin.

Sent from the garage

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back