The last post wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Christmas is over here in Redneck Land. It's time for everybody around here to let the air out of the blowup snowmen and pack up for another year. Going to hit the road now and head north to Gatlinburg to make a real snowman.

Ben

pulled the GTX out of the garage today to start it (have not started it in probably 4 weeks) got everything out and end up that there is still some ice in my hose! so today i just started and let it run for a few seconds; hopefully with it gonig to be in the mid 50's the next 2 days i will be able to hook up the hose on friday and let it fun for a little bit; oh and I plan to put my challenger in the water either tomorrow or Friday:hurray:

I know I can't wait to get back out on the water. Last weekend there was actually a thin film of ince extending about 100 feet away from the shore line at Lake Oconee; never seen that before

Yeah, I know what you mean...we had a nasty cold snap here for 13 days..and nights...killed all my landscaping, and I froze my butt off at work... I was closed for 3 days with store temp at 40*. I don't have a heat strip in my building, so no heat...this is Florida, so I got lots of A/C.

Karl

well; I was able to pull out my challenger today and hook up the hose, this is the first time that i have hooked the hose to it and wow is the port engine hard to get the hose hooked up too, they really don't make it very easy to get the hose threaded on that intake but i finally got it and everything started right up:hurray:

If you go to like Home Depot and in the garden section you will find a hose connection that screws on the fitting on the end of the water feed on the boat, and a quick connect fitting as well. I forget the brand name but it is green and black and sells for like $3.00 Each, get 1 for each engine. Then just attach the nipple end to the boat and the quick connect fitting to the hose. I also connect a on/ off valve on the hose to allow you to attach the garden hose, start it, and turn on the water with the valve. I made a y shaped hose to do both engines at the same time. Works great.

Karl

wow now that is some great thinking! looks like I am off to home depot before i start it with the hose again

anyone get out on the water this weekend? I put the boat in on Friday; air temps were mid 50's but the wind chill was bad lol got some bad chapped lips but me and my girl had a great time out on the water!

I'm heading out on the water today to jump some waves...temps near 70, and water is 65*. It should be a good day on the water.

Karl

Hey, I see this thread hasn't seen any action in a while... The weather in Tampa's Poker run this weekend was great...in mid 80's and water temp was 69*...What a great weekend.

Karl

I WIN !!!!!!!

I'll play.

here's what I look like.

58.jpg

the pollen has been so bad here the last 2 weeks that i have not even wanted to pull the boat out of the garage; I hope to get on the water this coming weekend:hurray:

Taking the Challenger and the family to Lake Havasu (London Bridge) May 14-16...any one else going to be out there that weekend ?

Attachments

this thread has been moving real slow lately. whats the estimated date on closing it Karl? i thought in a previous post it was declared that there will be no winner winner chicken dinner?

seems like every off season it gets slower and slower.......:)

Did I win?

Took my 97 GTX out for a spin this weekend, still runs great. Might put a dual primer kit in it soon to help with easier faster starts!

This thread will pick up after some members revive it, like every year. :)

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't be long there were a ton of boats on the water yesterday..

that would be because i sleep all winter Karl, NE Ohio its a little hard to ride on lake erie in December!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back