The last post wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about it. The summer hasn't been all that great this year here anyway. On top of that I have a lot of work to do on my house before the snowflakes fall.

Yeah, I probably winterize mine uh... well uh...well I guess never, as it never get below freezing here in Florida. :rofl: :ack:

Karl

I'm going to ride this weekend since I haven't had too many chances this summer before I put 'em up for the winter. I do have some winter projects I want to do...anybody else have some off season projects to do?

Nice ride Jesse...uh I have lots of projects...just for off season. I keep telling my wife I'll do them in OFF season...it just never arrives. :rofl:

Karl

Thanks Karl,
I just picked her...ahhhh it up off the internet. As far as winter projects go, I just got my sheet of hydro turf today. I also plan on installing a new seat strap...if I can find one cheap. My son-in-law knows a guy that will make me one. Not sure how that will go, but I will let Him continue to try suck up to me. LOL

My boating offseason is the beginning of snowmobile season! I don't no how you southerners can go through the year without snowmobileing.

Thanks Karl,
I just picked her...ahhhh it up off the internet. As far as winter projects go, I just got my sheet of hydro turf today. I also plan on installing a new seat strap...if I can find one cheap. My son-in-law knows a guy that will make me one. Not sure how that will go, but I will let Him continue to try suck up to me. LOL

Nice ride jhjesse.....now all i have on my mind is STOP STOP:rofl:

My boating offseason is the beginning of snowmobile season! I don't no how you southerners can go through the year without snowmobileing.

We'll lets see in the winter, it's 70*-80* water is cool about 65* the sun is still shinning...debating if I should wear long pants or my normal shorts with my tee shirt...cold beverage in hand cruising on the water...oh yeah, I'm thing about the cold wind blowing sport of snowmobiling...:rofl:

Karl

I moved to Florida back in 1996. I grew up in Upstate N.Y., in the Albany Area. In High school I worked for a Kawasaki Dealer that sponsored a snowmobile race team. In the fall we ran the grass drag races. I ended up wrenching on the Ski-doo's and the Kawasaki's at the track for the riders...Fond memories of freezing my a** off while the riders and owners were in the warm trailers. I've owned about 4 Kawasaki's when they first had the 440 liquid cooled engines back in the late 70's. I moved here to get away from the snow and cold. I also was a Western/ Fisher Snow Plow Distrubitor back in N.Y., servicing 4 counties and 85 car dealers, till I sold it out with my move to Florida....The only white stuff I have to put up with now is beach sand. :rofl:

Karl

being a former kawasaki mechanic you should be able to appreciate my 82 John Deere snowfire with a free air 340 kawasaki engine. they were the last models of free air sleds ever produced by anyone. its kinda neat. it doesnt even have a chain case. just a primary and seconday clutch. i bet it doesnt weigh but 300 pounds. did somebody say "fireburst":)

OK, here's a couple of pics from the last day out on the lake until next spring.
Notice the stickers:

Attachments

• P1010372.jpg
    P1010372.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010339.jpg
    P1010339.jpg
    698.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010353.jpg
    P1010353.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Last day till Spring...:( You should move to Florida where the beer is cold and the weather is always sunny and warm.:cheers:

Karl

I have just begun! Going to Needles, CA in a couple weeks. Won't winterize until I come back!

Man...I was wanting you all to notice the forum stickers in my pics, not my handsome rear end!! :lols:

That was the only thing I saw....Now if the girl in your avatar picture was in there...now that's be a different story. I'd be asking what seadoo? :rofl:

Karl

Temps here are finally dropping below the 90* point... great boating weather. Now if only the arriving snowbirds didn't congest our waterways it would be perfect.

Karl

I'm going to ride this weekend since I haven't had too many chances this summer before I put 'em up for the winter. I do have some winter projects I want to do...anybody else have some off season projects to do?

not that i put the boat up, cuz, its still 90*+ here, but picked up a banshee last night, get'n the wifey her quad zFriday, and daughter already has one. So now, been googling, "how to install 220v" at the house...weld, I can..elctric, NO WAY...but have trailer I made, been neglected for awhile, so gives me reason now, to work on. Somewhat cool, its 7X12, with 4in channel, flipped the other way, so the "pocket" is outside, so now my L.E.D.'s are tucked...:reddevil:..i'll add a water hold'n tank, w/pump, for those days in Glamis, that just getcha "nasty".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back