Seadoo 95 XP - Ran great... For 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just painted the Hood on my XP!

It's far from perfect and I will probably sand it down one more time before giving it one more coat and clear. I'm happy with it considering it's a 18 year old hood. securedownload.jpg

A beater just means it was faded, you'll be able to get it nicer than the hood. I also included the back part at the bottom of the post cuz JSG says its needed. I also included the oem blank plate to take the buttons out of the upper cover.

Marry xmas!

Thanks for all the extras! I can't wait it says expected delivery next tuesday. I'm just curious what kind of fuel lines do you use? I'm conflicted and I just want to know what people use. Also for my tigershark I can't find a fuel filter for it. Would any inline fuel filter for carbed engines work?

Did you ever find a small boot for the Steering rod assembly by any chance?

Thank you!!! I can't wait until my carburetor is cleaned and all the parts are on my XP and Tigershark. Might as well change the fuel lines on the tigershark. Probably needs a carb cleaning also. Its a little hard to start when cold but runs well otherwise. Any way to fix hard start on pwc? I imagine it could be a lot of different reasons for hard starting.

Just found out today that Hydro Turf headquarters is located about 5 miles from me. Dumpster Diving! Just kidding. hopefully I will save on shipping and maybe get a smaller cut than the sheets online if I drive down there. I think I like the black marble color for the hydro turf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minnetonka just hooked it up with all the parts and got it to me ridiculously fast. Dr Honda cleaned my carbs and said it was one of the worst tempo goo carbs he has ever seen. I'm impressed by how quickly he turned this carburetor back to me. I can't wait to get on the water. Tigershark is almost ready to go too. hahaha. We will see how that goes.

Not cold. Southern California stays pretty warm all year long. Today's HI 60F low 41F and its a colder than it has been. Sunday will be sunny and a high of 70F. I dive and go to the beach all year long. Waters cold but just throw on a suit. Never snows where I live but I can drive a few hours and ski or snowboard. I live a couple miles from the ocean. Desert is a couple hours away to go do whatever. Usually just stick to water stuff since I swam and played water polo most my life. The problem with southern California is that there are too many people, ridiculous gun laws, and expensive housing. Other than that I love it here. If my XP was running I would be out there right now.

man, that sounds like heaven, except for the too-many-ppl thing. personally, overpopulation is my biggest societal concern. we should adopt china's 1-child policy, maybe tweak it to 2 kids. I would be living in Miami if 50M people didn't beat me to it :) I like people and all, but living in perpetual rush-hour just takes the wind out of my sails. Anyway, I do envy your weather. I'm hunting for that warm weekend (60 or above) to take the boat out again. It'll be a while before it gets warm enough to saddle up the XPs. I just rebuilt one and am not sure if I can even break it in in waters this cold. Not sure the engine would ever get hot enough...

That's funny. I can't imagine having somebody telling me what to do and how many kids I can have. I would not like that.

Well, that's how most people see it. Truth is, the more people we have, the more rights and conveniences we will eventually have to give up. I've watched population growth envelop gorgeous countryside and turn a scenic drive into a congested suburban drag. Makes me sad to see the irreversible change...

Inline Fuel Filters

photo (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgI got some new inline fuel filters for my XP and Tigershark. I hope they are the right ones. 5/16 filters work well with 1/4" fuel hose I think I read here somewhere. I figured just cut into the delivery hose for the carb and install the filter because I don't want to chance clogging up my recently cleaned carburetor. The fuel filters are like 5 times bigger than the stock tigershark fuel filter. I hope that doesn't matter.

Just picked up my rebuilt carburetor at the post office. It's all clean and shiny. I'm really surprised how quickly Dr Honda finished them and his customer service is exceptional. I have everything to finish now I just need to find the time to do everything.

1. Restore fuel system- new fuel hose, new fuel filter/seperator, clean select valve, insert inline fuel filter, new fuel sensor
2. Install new oil injection lines
3. Cut spark plug wires 1/4" and reinstall boot
4. Install Carburetor
5. Paint handlebar cover/hood/intake grill and reupholster pad
6. Hydro Turf
7. Replace Fuses

Got the 95 XP running in the pacific ocean today. :)

Didn't run that well though. I think its because I do not have the adjustment arm on the carburetor set perfectly and the throttle cable was a little loose when I checked everything after cleaning and flushing. Water test again tomorrow after tightening everything and readjusting the carburetor.

Did get it to go pretty fast. No speedometer. Guessing low 40's mph. Probably get it to go faster but it was choppy and windy. Typical late day southern California. Running strange though. Xp was not responding well in the low and mid rpms and then well in the higher rpms. Didn't have quick response to throttle. Guessing its the loose throttle cable and misaligned adjustment arm.

Today we installed oil injection lines, new fuel line, installed inline fuel filter, new fuel sensor, and installed the carburetor and synced everything as best as I could.

On a side note, the fuel sensor didn't work until I pulled one of two magnets out and now it works great.

Ty you everybody for your help. I really appreciate it. There is no way I could have gotten this for without you. Had a blast today I'm pretty tired. Sadly, the XP lost in the top speed race to our 97 Tigershark Montego which ran flawlessly if anybody was curious. Out of the hole, the xp wasn't running that well. Man I hope I can fix it.

Did you clean out your fuel selector switch (off, on, res)? That will usually be gummed up too. I didn't see it in your things to do list.

I had a similar problem with my 97SPX. I had the 787 motor, but the problem I had is common to all two strokes: I had a case leak. The engine was sucking air from around the Rotary Valve seal. You may have a leak in a number of gaskets/seals, which would give you a lean hesitation when you go to hit the throttle. To test for this, you need a block-off kit and a way to pump and measure air pressure of your engine. It's a pretty involved procedure, basically you block off all places where air can escape your motor (intake, exhaust, RAVES(if you have em)), and then you pump the engine full of air to about 10psi. It should hold that pressure. If you run it lean, it can be very detrimental to your engine. You can check for a lean condition by checking the plugs. They will be very light in color. You could also be running rich, which would give the plugs a very dark color. You want a nice brown on the plug insulator.

The XP ran great today but I think it could do better. Much better response and acceleration but the tigershark handled the choppy ocean a lot better. Maybe if the Vts wasn't broken it would handle it better. Its stuck in the lower position so it jumps on every wind chop, swell and boat wakes which was fun on the bigger waves but annoying on the endless small ones.

Yes I cleaned it with carb cleaner and blew it out with a straw. Then ran a little gas through it. XP ran a lot better. You can make a turn on a dime which I thought was really fun. Tigershark can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back