Seadoo 95 XP - Ran great... For 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah might be a good idea to add a strainer just in case.

Any kind of safety stuff is a good idea...I am a firm believer if you are prepared, nothing bad will happen. As you can tell Murphy makes me his beeotch every chance he gets.

Do you know how to take the electrical wires out of the little circuit box when removing the hood? I thought it would be a simple but its not coming right out. Once I get them out do they just push back in?

I watched a instruction video for Harley Davidson on how to do disconnect and install the terminal and now it makes more sense. I think I need a different tool though because when the instructor took it out it was open from both sides and he pushed the locking tab down from the back whereas I don't have that luxury. Do you know which terminal extraction tool to buy?

Would you happen to know where i could find a fuel baffle cover/filter? i ripped the mesh today while trying to clean it. No!

The pad actually just broke apart in my hands while i was trying to clean it. First I noticed a little tear than it grew bigger and bigger. Just threw it in the trash. :(

I was cleaning my handlebar pad and prepping to paint it when i noticed a small tear that was getting bigger and bigger as i tried cleaning it. Do you have one in black? I just painted my hood black looks awesome. Post pictures after i put on some clear coat.

Awesome I'll put a list together of parts I need and let you know. Probably in a week I'll have enough money to send out my carbs to Dr. Honda and buy all the stuff on the list. Haven't bought it yet.

Minnetonka parts list:
1. GTX or similar handle bar cover and pad - preferably black but I can paint it.
2. Fuel Baffle Filter Cover
3. Fuel Baffle Float Magnet
4. Black trim
5. Black handlebar grips

If you are trying to replicate what i do, you cant just buy a cover and pad. You need a custom bracket to get it to work on your handlebar clamp, you also need different hardware. Then you will need to fill in the dess post hole and choke cable hole.

If you are trying to replicate what i do, you cant just buy a cover and pad. You need a custom bracket to get it to work on your handlebar clamp, you also need different hardware. Then you will need to fill in the dess post hole and choke cable hole.

That makes my head hurt just reading that. lol

Ty for letting me know. Yes, trying to replicate. I showed my friends the pictures and they want it. either I try to fabricate a bracket or throw on a motocross handlebar pad. I really don't want a motocross pad or the original.

Minnetonka parts list:
1. GTX or similar handle bar cover and pad - preferably black but I can paint it.
2. Fuel Baffle Filter Cover
3. Fuel Baffle Float Magnet
4. Black trim
5. Black handlebar grips

PM sent.

JSG...have you ever posted an install on your awesome bar cover mod?

Maybe a helmet instead of a handlebar pad? hahaha. I think I can make it work. If there's a will there's a way right?

LOL yup I wear a helmet...so does my bro. He takes it one step further and duct tapes a memory foam pillow around the handlebars too.

What kind of helmet do you use? Are there helmets made specifically for pwc? I was thinking a motorcycle helmet.

Yes...Fly racing and Jettribe make some but there isnt really any difference to a MX one. Maybe a little better drying liner.

I have an oldschool lazer Seadoo helmet that has closed cell foam in it. Doesnt take on any water.

When you do things like this I recommend a helmet...

[video=youtube;U6yg6DC9EqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6yg6DC9EqU[/video]

Wow that looks so fun. Getting a helmet instead of the nice handlebar pad. Figured its probably safer with a MX handle bar pad and helmet.

Purchasing the cover and pad soon. Getting a beater to paint hope it works out. I guess I will figure out what you mean when it gets here. I wont give up until the cover and pad is secure. Wish me luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back