Seadoo 95 XP - Ran great... For 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New color ideas for 95 XP restore

I really want the color scheme for my xp to be yellow bottom, green middle and blue top. For the middle i figured some type of green vinyl and then all blue covering for seat, pads, and hood. Kind of like the Dorado in the picture.

Attachments

• 57_lrg.jpg
    57_lrg.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 6
They never made those colors...some of the early SPXs used kind of a blue green which kind of matches the scheme you described above. I have a complete set minus front bumper. My bro may have the bumper.

I do have yellow insert...which also looks good on 96 XPs.

Ty Lou for being so helpful. I've been looking for the paddle for the speedometer on seadoowarehouse in the diagrams and cannot find it. Went through every page... I'd appreciate it if you helped me find one but you've helped so much already. Maybe one day I can help you guys out too.

And I imagine the little bit of green sludge I saw on the baffle filter is the same stuff that is clogging up my carburetor. Buying fuel lines tomorrow and finishing taking the carburetor off. Buying new fuel baffle float to see if that fixes the anything and hopefully a new paddle for the speedo. Do you guys use ATC or ATM fuses for your seadoos?

Ty Lou for being so helpful. I've been looking for the paddle for the speedometer on seadoowarehouse in the diagrams and cannot find it. Went through every page... I'd appreciate it if you helped me find one but you've helped so much already. Maybe one day I can help you guys out too.

Is your paddle wheel broken, or missing? They don't tend to break often. Did you test the wheel with an ohm meter? Should do that before you buy a new one.

If you do need one try Minnetonka he will probably have a used one for a reasonable price.

Mike, did your 95 XP come with a speedometer? I don't think they did as a stock ski. It might have been an option though. I think thats why you couldn't find it in the parts list.

I really want the color scheme for my xp to be yellow bottom, green middle and blue top. For the middle i figured some type of green vinyl and then all blue covering for seat, pads, and hood. Kind of like the Dorado in the picture.

Isnt that fish a mahi mahi, or in florida they are bullhead dolphin, when i lived in florida we would catch them all the time, they are great blackened

Yes my 95 XP has the 3 gauge hood. I think i was looking in the wrong spot for the paddle. Found it and looks a little rough.

Yes my 95 XP has the 3 gauge hood. I think i was looking in the wrong spot for the paddle. Found it and looks a little rough.

Your 95 xp with the 3 gauge hood should have a tach, a vts gauge and a information gauge that will shiw fuel oil and temp. It should not have a speedo, If it does the wheel will be on your ride plate but it should not have one

Yup. Same fish different name. i have to stop thinking about the appearance and concentrate on getting them seaworthy.

Oh ty for the clarification. I thought the broken digital part was the speedo. Is it the fuel gauge? Sigh would have been nice. I'm not sure what i thought was the paddle then. haha. Man I feel dumb for looking for something that wasnt there in the first place. One less thing to fix?

It's not that hard to add a speedometer, you can get one the correct size, like from a 96GTI, it will fit the tach hole and there should be a blank in the ride plate for the sensor. All you would need is the speed sensor lead and + and - leads for the gauge. You would loose the tach. but you can replace it with a Trail Tech unit.

But that's probably a project for another day.

Lou

503.jpg

Is this the gauge that is busted

Exactly the information gauge. Thought i saw numbers or something flash on the screen when starting it the first time.

Definitely a project for another day.

Any ideas on how to keep kelp/seaweed out of the impellar, pump and intake. I typically spearfish in kelp forests so any input would be helpful. I would probably just grab a bunch of kelp and use a kelp clip to anchor the seadoo from floating away while i dive. Would getting a piece of kelp in the impellar a big deal?

Definitely a project for another day.

Any ideas on how to keep kelp/seaweed out of the impellar, pump and intake. I typically spearfish in kelp forests so any input would be helpful. I would probably just grab a bunch of kelp and use a kelp clip to anchor the seadoo from floating away while i dive. Would getting a piece of kelp in the impellar a big deal?

Thinking it wont be a big deal. just cut the engine and coast near the kelp and clear the kelp before starting it again.

Yup thats what you are going to want to do. Maybe some chicken wire, but I would assume it would kill performance.

I have pretty much every replacement part you need that you have mentioned and def discount if you buy lots of stuff in one order.

Trim wise you got plenty of time on that...I sell a fair amount of the black trim so I always pull it off and save it.

Ty I will definitely make a list for you soon. I hope i can get it running reliably enough to spearfish off of. Buying vhf handhelds and vessel assist so I don't get stranded. Maybe a retractable kayak paddle? hahahah

you won't physically hurt anything if you get kelp in there, but the main problem I'd watch for is clogging the cooling intake. Your ski relies on the impeller to cool itself, so if you get a wad of kelp in there, it's going to stop your cooling flow. You can EASILY overheat your engine this way. Also, this is less likely, but you can get kelp salad in your cooling hoses, so even after you clear your blockage, you may still have crap brocking up some of your cooling passages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back