RESTO Rosie's Rebuild and More!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rosie, not to hijack but where do you go riding around Weimar? I'm in SA and I have family that lives there in Weimar. Just curious if I should hook up the ski next time I go visit my aunt and uncle. :p

No problem man.
Fayette Lake is about 25 min away.
And the Colorado River is West of town with boat ramps 15 min from town.

FOUR MONTHS FOR REBUILT ENGINE?!?!?!No way... That is nutz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called FullBore back in early July and it's not that it takes 4-months to rebuild a motor, it's the back-log of motors they already have. Summer is the prime time when people blow up their motors and have them sent in for rebuilds. When I called in July, they said they had a 4-month back log. I have to imagine that in June they would have said basically the same thing, maybe it wasn't 4-months, but I would have to image it was at least 3-months.

Back log is one thing, a "snag in parts" is another. What is it then?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

It is what it is!

LOL, I know. It was directed to jkur10a's comment about the back log after you had posted the email saying it was a parts snag was all. Knew I shouldn't have posted. I typically do not post in engine rebuilder threads or comment on them in threads. Carry on, just forget I posted, LOL.

Lol oh come on! Your supposed to help on all my problems and snags! Too bad you can't help on a missing motor lol

It's a shame that we can't buy motors built by racerxxx. You do some great work man!!

If I'da known that I would have sent him the motor with a case of beer!

It would be cool (but won't happen), I only go one way--OEM. If I actually had to pay list price it would cost a bit more. But I scour for parts almost every night. What I piss away in time is thousands of $$$, but since I don't have thousands to spend, I waste on the interwebs. Building a 787 is to me very easy, but I also have access to a full machine shop. Here's what I have into my 95 XP limited engine---this is ALL OEM. I only have 2 lower RAVE bellows springs to buy, so add maybe another $10 on to these numbers.

Parts: OEM reman crank, pistons, pins, wrist pin bearings, rave housings, rave valves, rave bellows, used OEM head, cylinder boring, used 96+ counter balance, new CB bearings(not OEM but SKF--same ones used by BRP), new rotary valve shaft bearings and a complete OEM engine gasket set. EDIT: Forgot also a new OEM rotary valve

Total just parts--$980.05
Total with parts AND shipping--$1,085.77 No labor added yet.

Oops, I forgot, I just dropped $113.27 on engine paint and supplies for it. You read that correct on engine paint.:banghead: LOL, make that $1,199.04 total

So for lack of better terms $1,200 for what I got. I have a problem parting with large sums of money(now you all know why I buy rat trap skis), so dropping it out for a rebuilt engine would be the end of me. Hell, I've bought shit from CReynoldswrap on a postal money order, just cause I had the cash loose and not in my paypal, I think OCOD too. But all in all I'm still LESS THAN $3K into my 95 limited with buying it, registering and titling it and buying all these parts and still some I don't have but have added to my spreadsheet on this build. I've given out way too much info tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I know. It was directed to jkur10a's comment about the back log after you had posted the email saying it was a parts snag was all. Knew I shouldn't have posted. I typically do not post in engine rebuilder threads or comment on them in threads. Carry on, just forget I posted, LOL.

My comment was directed at manolocross (Hence the quote). My point was that when I called FullBore a week or so after Rosie said his motor arrived at FullBore (June 20th), I was quoted a 4-month back-log (that puts completion date to the end of October). I have no idea what kind of timeline Rosie was promised/given, was just trying to help put the timing in perspective with the info I had from FullBore. As you said - Carry on, don't mind me!

Update,

Started cleaning my exhaust and got some sand.. ALOT of sand. probably a cup of sand from just tapping it on the ground. Blew it out with the air hose and i still haven't got all of it. How the thing was cooling is beyond me!

Ding Ding!
Motor has arrived 10/28/14. It was received by them 06/20/14. You do the math.

Anyway time to start updating again.
Will take pics along the way of putting back together, along with these parts going on also.

BuckShot head 43 cc domes, ProK's and rejet kit,and the Beach house sponsons.
Going with either a Swirl or Concord 16/23 . Trying to get some holeshot power!
I already have the R&D nozzles and pump wedge .

Spent this weekend getting everything ready to put back in the hull:)

Taking the mounting bracket off the pipe this happened:/. Applied heat to it, visegrips, pb blaster.. nothing .. not happening. gonna have to drill it out.

Now for the questions ..
1. I know on attaching the two sections of the tuned-pipe back together that it has a copper ring. I bought some Ultra-Copper to use on this but was wondering if i can re-use the copper ring ?

2.When attaching the:
A. Exhaust manifold to the motor
B. Tuned-Pipe to exhaust manifold
Should i just use the new supplied gaskets or should i also use the Ultra copper on these parts also ?

Thanks guys, anxious to get this thing out before summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can reuse the copper ring. We have never bought a new ring. Just make sure you get all of the old material off of it

Nope, gonna run the head, WaterCraft Magic jet kit, and proks.
Still on the verge of either getting a swirl or keeping my xo and getting it refinished.
I dont want to lose top end, but want some holeshot .

Thanks JSG,
what about the pipe to manifold? seems like every photo i see , you see people using red RTV on that connection.

Adam,
Talked myself out of the pipe..for now;)
Picked up the head just for some acceleration gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back