RESTO Rosie's Rebuild and More!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also , I have the hull pretty much stripped out. Question .. Should I replace the exhaust hose ? (From the waterbox to the thru hull fitting)
My hose is very "greasy" and can easily be collapsed with my hand . Should this hose be hard ?

Sent from my Walkie talkie using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be a bad idea, [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] had some sweet silicone ones made

Yea I forgot how much his hoses were . I really don't want to replace if not necessary though .

Here are those sponsons I was talking about. For your clean build I was thinking of taking the ones with the white lettering and putting them with the nice hardware and backing plates of that other set.

Attachments

• photo 3(18).JPG
    photo 3(18).JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 45
  • photo 5(4).JPG
    photo 5(4).JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 47
They don't corner without sponsons. You have to be trimmed in the right place then throw your weight back and to the outside like a late seventies three wheeler. I like to turn anytime I ask it to turn.

Some people like to spin circles and slide around. That kind of horse play would be negatively affected by AM sponsons.

That would be great Matt . You've already helped me out a lot with this build . Very grateful

My silicone hoses are $170. Most stock hoses are pretty soft at this point, but as long as they havent delaminated they are fine.

Updating this thread,

Honestly i haven't really done much with the ski since the post of this thread. I'm still waiting on my motor to be returned from me from Fullbore. They received it 6/20/2014 and i still have not got it back. Been in touch with them and they said it should be out this week. Anyway, This weekend i took off the old hood so that my new cover will fit and also installed a new vts and start button. Today I had to clean her as i just couldn't take it anymore with her being filthy. Should be painting my single gauge hood this week along with exhaust and other engine bay parts. Still have sponsons to install. Jetkit,Prok's, and Buckshot head with 43cc domes will be installed along the way once i get the motor lol

Anyway here is some pics of her after cleaning her and as she sits waiting for the new motor.

And of course repping the new poppy cover with no hood lol

No way bro... Summer is over and you MIGHT get the engine this week? I went riding 15 times since you sent engine in. That is unacceptable. I will NEVER send an engine to full bore. Thanks for the education!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The
1.jpg

Full bore is great and the craftsman ship is superb but I call bs on that one. What snag in parts did they run into on a 787? I think someone dropped the ball

I actually emailed them one more time after what that screenshot shows. It was supposed to ship out that wee of the 23rd and then they told me it should ship out this week.

Wow that is way to long for a rebuild, I would ask for some money back or something. Won't you lose the warranty with a aftermarket head? IMO it's not worth the risk. At the very least I would run it for a season stock to make sure all is well. Where did U get the stickers from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back