Relocate Pee Tell Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea doc if your still selling them i might take one off your hands ... how does the color ones hold up with the salt water ? and corrosion ?

This is a great idea so i was looking at my ski and i noticed the old battery vent wasn't hooked up to anything since i bought a battery that doesn't require a vent so i just ran my line through there. the hole is the same size as the pee hole on the back. should work great and is barley noticeable since its tucked under the rub rail.

You can try it there, the only problem is when at idle or a no wake zone it's right at the water line and you won't be able to see the stream. Other than at idle it's fine. I put mine below the rub rail on my 96GTI, similar hull to yours only longer.

Lou

Yeah, but you did the work.
How many have you sold so far?

Ummmm....

Well I think Jake an Lou took about 20. I think they were using them for recreational reasons. ;)

Honestly, I haven't counted... but probably about 20 ~ 25. I got PM's from people who didn't have a single post to their names. That's why I put them on my website.

yea doc if your still selling them i might take one off your hands ... how does the color ones hold up with the salt water ? and corrosion ?

The anodized ones will hold up to salt without an issue. The polished one will show corrosion if not kept clean.

Hi guys,

Installed my tell tail pee 2day. Really happy with the spot. only thing i'm not sure is where should i connect it to?

56.jpg

I added a little rubber O ring as the spot you guys recommended is on a slight curve. Just to be safe:) Didn't use any guue or silicone tho.

57.jpg

My tail is connect vis that blue hose, should i connect it here and block the black hose or put a T connection?

58.jpg

Thx

Guy, you can just remove the black hose. and remove the rear peehole if you wish and plug the hole with the plug in Doc's package (umm, make that kit) :)

Yeah thats what i figured from one of Doc's pics but i don't understand, can't wrap my head around it.

How is there water in that little hose that goes from the top where i'm pointing my blue hose towards to the bottom purple exhaust, that you can't really see but its plumbed back in the small end of the exhaust cone.
Isn't that only the exhaust pipe?
Where does the water come from?

I'm sure someone else can explain much better, but water is injected into the exhaust, I believe from the water exiting the cylinder head to enhance engine performance and reduce noise. I don't know the 720, so I'm having 2nd thoughts on whether you can totally remove that black bleed hose or not. Does it go directly to the rear pee hole or to the muffler?

It goes back down in the muffler at a lower position. Theres no pee hole or small hose that head towards a pee hole that i can spot:(

That is what I started to think after posting my inital response. I don't know what effect if any, diverting some of the water from that line will have on the cooling of your exhaust. Better that we get input from Doc or one of the other pros before you tee into that bleed line.

In my picture... I have it hooked to an 800 engine. On your 720... that top hose feeds the water injection to the rest of the exhaust. DO NOT CHANGE THAT HOSE !!!! The top elbow is a calibrated fitting, and if you divert water from it... you will over heat the exhaust.

OK.... on your ski (assuming it's a 95 XP) You will have a hose on the bottom of the exhaust manifold that heads toward the rear of the hull. Somewhere, there is a T-fitting in it. One side goes to the exhaust outlet, and the other side is the pee-hole. Disconnect the pee-hole hose, and hook the new hose there... and plug the old hose.

Thanks Tony, after I realized he doesn't have a water control valve, I figured that flow from the bleed line was maybe critical but didn't know where his proper tap in place was.

Question - On the 800, I've never seen inside the exhast pipe, is there actualy a coil that spirals around the inside of the pipe from the water injection point up to the outlet on top of the pipe that connects to the peehole?

Ok,
so this is a pic of the top hose just to show you were it goes.

60.jpg

Now i can't find any T fitting on the bottom hose u are talking about 'i think i found it'.

61.jpg

Its starts under the manifold and goes back in after the exhaust rubber pipe, but no T.

Thx for the help guys:)

Question - On the 800, I've never seen inside the exhast pipe, is there actualy a coil that spirals around the inside of the pipe from the water injection point up to the outlet on top of the pipe that connects to the peehole?

No... there isn't a "Coil" in the pipe. The top elbow is a double wall casting. That's why the weld plugs are in it. They have to get the sand out from the casting process.

Guyph: Just follow the hose back from your pee-hole, and find where it's connected. Then... connect your new hose there.

Ohhh yeah i saw fitting 14 but its not hooked up via hose 18 and these no T fitting 5.
So i'll just have to find a T fitting and run a line to my peehole?
Thx

Well it looks cool back there and it is easier to see than the factory location.it's higher up.. It only takes a second to check. I did not want to run a waterline up to the front. You gotta admit it looks good at that spot;)

Ohhh yeah i saw fitting 14 but its not hooked up via hose 18 and these no T fitting 5.
So i'll just have to find a T fitting and run a line to my peehole?
Thx

You shouldn't need a "T"... just disconnect the hose from the OEM pee hole... and hook up the new one. You don't want to run both, since you will flow more water, and you may not allow proper heating of the engine.

What was the point of putting it in the back again?? lol Wasn't the point of this thing to put it somewhere you can see it coming out without looking back? lol jw

While I agree that it's easier to see, moving it to a forward location... I guess it wouldn't be too bad just putting it higher on the back. Getting it away from the factory loop, at almost deck level was a dumb place to put it. (from SeaDoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back