Relocate Pee Tell Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I guess, I do like the look of it back there though. Hmm decions decisions of where to put mine...

Ok,
so this is a pic of the top hose just to show you were it goes.

60.jpg

Now i can't find any T fitting on the bottom hose u are talking about 'i think i found it'.

61.jpg

Its starts under the manifold and goes back in after the exhaust rubber pipe, but no T.

Thx for the help guys:)

Clean the xp up!! :ack:

after reading this thread i went ahead and used 1/4" fuel hose and hooked it from the battery vent to the T connector.
Cant wait to see how it works out for me. I left my hose pretty long just to try it out then i might trim it to fit perfectly. I didn't want to cut it then realize it dosent work then i just lost a hose that i might need in the future.

after reading this thread i went ahead and used 1/4" fuel hose and hooked it from the battery vent to the T connector.

Huuu??? You shouldn't be tying it into the battery vent. Your battery has nothing to do with the cooling system.

Reach under the exhaust manifold, and you will feel a hose. It should be tied into that somewhere.

Huuu??? You shouldn't be tying it into the battery vent. Your battery has nothing to do with the cooling system.

Reach under the exhaust manifold, and you will feel a hose. It should be tied into that somewhere.

Doc, I think he means, rather than install a new peehole, he is hooking the water line up to the battery vent on the side of the hull (not on the battery). He has a sealed battery so it is not being used.

Doc, I think he means, rather than install a new peehole, he is hooking the water line up to the battery vent on the side of the hull (not on the battery). He has a sealed battery so it is not being used.

yup sealed battery...no i am not hooking it to battery!

after some initial reluctance on this, I flip flopped today and decided to order one (and picked up a spare figuring a friend would say,, "hey,,, i want one of those")

i'm sure i'll be pleased with the product :)

1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I took a couple days. BUT, here it is.

By Lou's request... it's a small 1/4" barb fitting, that will use a 3/8" mounting hole. (most of the fittings need a 7/16" hole, and that requres having a large 1/2" Chuck drill) Also... this only has an 1/8" hole. This will keep the metering (water flow) the same as the OEM fitting. Most of the aftermarket fittings have a 3/16" to 1/4" hole. If you use that... you could devert enough water to over heat your exhust.

Lou... I threw one in the box coming to you. I expect a few pics once you get it.

To all: I'm going to make up a batch of them, and I'll send them out to be anodized different colors.

28.jpg

Can i buy one of tnese i am in brisbane australia great idea sick of looking behind me all the time

Sure... but a small box will cost about $16 to ship it to you.

You can order them on my site. The link is a couple posts above.

I got mine coming soon from Dr.H.
Has anyone changed it on a 96 GTX? I figured about 8-1/2 feet to place it on the starboard side above the other outlets, routing it backwards a tad (to avoid sharp bends, would elbows work better???) then through the hull cable clips up to the spot in front of the right footwell.
I'm going to check out Bill's idea about using the battery vent line, since mine is also a sealed battery..... But I do like the visible green color + the fact I already ordered it.....:)

Also can part #4 be turned a bit to avoid a sharp bending of the hose?

Try this link instead. http://fiche.seadoowarehouse.com/se...2&modelid=1996 Sea Doo PWC GTX COOLING SYSTEM

SDB: yours will hook up just like my XP. The hose on top of the pipe is dedicated to the pee-hole. (look at my pics at the beginning of the thread)

Your parts link isnt' working... but if it's just a fitting... I'm sure it can be turned a bit. BUT... be careful. They have tapered threads, and if you over tighten it... the fitting will crack.

FYI... your parts are coming USPS. you should have them today.

if I may offer a bit of advice, be careful where you place this.. i put mine in a bad spot (can post a pic & video) and when the wind is just right it sprays water all over my left hand, and will pop me in the face when i'm making a tight turn.

do most people plug the rear hole and just run this one (lots of pressure) or has anybody just T'd off and run both (less pressure, less spraying in the face), mine shoots a good 4 feet :)

I had a similar problem, mine would squirt about 15', whenever I would pull up to the dock for gas it would spray everyone on the dock. I installed a "T" fitting at the tell tale outlet, directed half to the new location and half back to the original location. A word of caution, I did this on my 96GSX and 96XP, some ski's direct part of the water to the exhaust outlet to keep it cool, don't do this to ski's that are plumbed like this.

Lou

Yep... what Lou said. If you have an 800 with a dedicated pee-hole hose... you can T it off. Otherwise... you could overheat the engine/pipe if you divert too much water.

yip, i plan on splitting mine, its either that or replace the str8 screw with a 45 to push it away more, i bought 4 of these, and we installed them on 3 different ski's, and we're all very happy with the item: (as well as your bearing kit) i was the guinea pig and we guessed wrong on the position :( the other two guys put them in better spots. I'll post pics just so people know where to NOT put it :)

Hi Doc,
Just wanted to confirm for my 97 SPX (787) what I believe I read here; If I'm running the Walmart AGM battery it's considered sealed so I do not need the Battery vent line and I can buy one of your tell-tail fittings and run the pee hole out of the right side through old battery vent line hole in the hull?

Does anybody have any feedback on using this location on the X4 style hull and using an O-ring instead of RTV to seal it up?

Lastly, does the 787 SPX run 1/4" ID line for the tell-tail?

Thanks

Yes... an AMG battery is sealed... but I wouldn't remove the vent line. If you, or the next owner, ever need to install a less expensive battery... you will need that.

Also, you can use an O-ring if you want... but the reason I didn't design it with one, is because the surface may not be flat or smooth, and the O-ring wont properly seal. But... regardless... not much water would come in even if it was installed dry. You only need a tiny little blob of RTV, so there really isn't a reason to not want to use it.

But... it's your ski... so do as you wish. Really... there is no right or wrong with mounting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back