Please need help !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a great way most people do not have access to precision equipment and use shade tree methods like a file which works but not as accurate of coarse. Your way is probably the best way

Bill brought the raves back. They look great

150.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today we put on mats. Blacktip wishbone mats. They are kind of harder than the other mat types. Also the wishbone size is much larger than I would have thought by looking at the picture that blacktip uses on their site.

254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

257.jpg

[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] sent some decals with the box of parts for this. Cant beleive the color match
258.jpg

Filthy oil tank. It was cleaned and the lines replaced
259.jpg

More missing parts we robbed from ours lol
260.jpg

261.jpg

Motor back in and together!!!
262.jpg

263.jpg

A must need for this motor assembly is long ball allen sockets and the angled wrench for the exhaust.

Nope, we did not have a battery at the warehouse. We have 8 batteries at RJs house on 2, 4 bank battery tenders. Also there is not any gas in it and we do not have any premium at the shop. Plus we were going out and needed to clean up before we left. We did want to though. That will be first thing tomorrow.

Love it JSG!!! Im low on decals right now but [MENTION=75128]James720[/MENTION] is going to change all that. My first order will prob be a bit overwhelming for him...lol

Just wanted to say those rubber deflector things are not in there perfect. The goal is to deflect any spray from the pipe down and away from the plastic tubes.

We all got to the shop around 9 including the owner. We put the battery in, the gauges all lit up. The rule pump cycled, we hit the trim up and the gauge moved with the trim rod. We pulled the choke and hit the start button. She turned right over. The fuel lines were dry so we cranked for about 10 seconds, then repeated 2 more times and she fired right up. We opened the oil pump all the way and nothing was coming. The main feed is too long and it was not feeding correctly due to some of the line being up above the nipple on the oil tank. We moved the oil line and oil flowed freely. The injection lines slowly did the inch worm thing lol. So I think that was Bill's first time seeing it run.

There is a slight exhaust leak at the clamp. So we will pull that and redo it.

[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] do you have a picture on how those rubber flaps go? The other 951s weve had have aftermarket setups.

Test ride haha, it was negative 10 and 14 inches of snow dropped on Monday. Unless you know someone with a heated indoor Olympic pool it may be a while. The rub rails and seat cover are coming on Sunday and then it will be finished.

Guys:
I have been following this thread from the beginning. I am not into rebuilding, but interested nonetheless..

JSG, this is freakin' gorgeous!

-Dave
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back