Please need help !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tip for the future on the rub rails, a stick of beeswax might come in handy, I bought one at a farmers market and it works quite well for round peg square hole type situations.

Looking great JSG. But.........it really needs green insert from and 04-05 RXP

Maybe but those look like an olive green where this is brighter, just a tad darker than kawi green.

Next on the list is the seat cover. That will probably get done Sunday. We have to buy some stainless steel staples. I think you guys will like the seat. He had a custom one made.

Make sure you buy the Monel staples not the stainless. THe stainless ones even say not for marine use on the box.

The seat was rewrapped today

Started out all nasty
289.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the under side. It was really dirty with about 20 dead spiders, 8 alive spiders and tons of egg sacks.

Old cover off
290.jpg

I use a screw driver and slide it along the inside of the staples and then pull up. All the staples stay in the cover and pull out easy.
291.jpg

292.jpg

Mold covered foam
293.jpg

One little tear, no biggie though.
294.jpg

The seat is a hydroturf ht premier seat.

The material was really hard to stretch, so we put it infront of the heater after we put a few staples to hold the cover on.
295.jpg

We had about 8 staples holding it in place at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a close up of the paint

I think they are all pearl

This is the black on the grab bar
313.jpg

This is the green
314.jpg

And the white
315.jpg

Thanks guys but this was all Bill's vision, We just put it togethor. I wont be putting it in the water but I am sure he will. The paint feels flawless too. With all the different colors he has on it you would think you would feel a crease or bump where the colors meet, but you do not. It is smooth as glass.

I am positive it will be a head turner on and off the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you buy the Monel staples not the stainless. THe stainless ones even say not for marine use on the box.

i've tried the monel staples, and while they are fine for sticking into wood, the molded plastic on my xp seat was too much for them. most just folded right up. I ended up using stainless and they've held up so far (not that much use).

:cool: Well how am I supposed to post updates on my ski projects with this eye candy floating around? I think mine is coming out great, but against this, mine look like it is prepped by a blind man with four thumbs! Great job to everyone involved. :cheers:

Sadly there wont be anymore updates. It is done besides a few odds and ends.

As for the staples, stainless steel are fine, unless you run in salt water or leave you seadoo in docked all year. I have used ss staples and had no problems. No rust what so ever, now on boat seats I would use monel.

Soccerdad I am with you, my updates on my 951 will be very tame. This makes my 98 look like junk. I would love to have his paint experience. I would do a white top half or a heavy mettalic dark grey. I would leave the bottom black and then have tons of options for the trim colors.

Matt stop messing around then let's do it ??? I told you we can work something out .. If that is want you want lets do it ???

Thanks but I am ok with just cleaning up what I have. I never seem to keep any of them. I ride them for 1-2 years and sell them.

Well thanks guys for all the complements...Now that this is done I will be putting it up for sale if you are interested please message me .. Please keep all negative comments about the price to your self.. There is 150-200 hours of paint work and about 1500$ in paint material . I do realize that it is a 98" and it is going to be very hard to sell but the hole thing was build and painted by professionals ...not one corner was cut or one one dollor spared ...thanks for all the positive feedback .

I kind of feel violated... I was thinking how cool you would feel going to the lake with your new toy. I doubt you will get even close the money that you have in it. Very few care about the kind of detail that you and JSG put into it. People appreciate it, but most won't pony up the $$$ for it. At least not on an older ski. I hope I am wrong for your sake. Well good luck! It will be a nice ride for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back