Please need help !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a couple parts for this, sooo [MENTION=29781]Spimothy Leary[/MENTION] [MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] and [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] I need an oil cable and the throttle cable bracket for the mag side carb. Figured I would ask you fellas before I look on ebay.

I don't have any of those, sorry

I'll get the controller in the mail first thing in the morning.

199.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So how's the engine looking? I can see some faint score marks probably from when it blew up last time. Is that tub and tile caulking that they used as sealant? Lol

The pistons and rings are new, the cylinders look like they were just honed but it looks ok. With the sealant it looks like yamabond or something of that nature. The head gasket was definately reused but the exhaust and carb gaskets looked new with the sealant added.

Glad to see this project in the right hands, another example of how terrible messes happen. Good thing it never made it to the water, hope not too much else is completely wrong.

I'm curious to know more about the paint job, the inspiration and story behind it and all.

Oh- My - GAwwdd!
That literally DOES look like either shower caulk OR Colgate toothpaste..
to be honest, I am NOT familiar with that motor, but the FIRST thing I noticed was the toothpaste protruding out of the mag housing.

Your ski is in good hands. Are you going to clean that bilge up nice JSG?

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Got to this party late, it's been a busy week!! Awesome looking XP! Looks like a really fun project. I'll be watch closely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We cleaned up the inside today

273.jpg

274.jpg

275.jpg

276.jpg

277.jpg

278.jpg

Remember it started out like this
279.jpg

The entire hull looked like this.

We are waiting on the gaskets and then we will pull apart the motor and reassemble it correctly and then finish the install.

Lol, we have had this discussion before. Just be prepared to replace seals quicker than usual. My Old boss owned a couple car washes. Hot water is needed in the winter or all the lines will freeze. I have used the same powerwash for the last 4 years with super hot water running through it. The seals will swell and shrink and will need to be replaced. We are still running on the original seals.

Also I do not run hot water through it for long periods of time. Only like 15 minutes at a time plus it is only 40 degrees out. Cold water is needed to cool the pump. I am not recommending running hot water through your pump. We are willing to and know what could happen. We are actually thinking of changing out our seals now.

They do however make hot water power washers with burners. They are more expensive though.

Ha, "hot" water by the time it makes it all through my hose was warm at best.. Could be, my hot water wasn't really very hot to begin with?!?!?! :)

I've used those kerosene fired pressure steam cleaners before, those are nice and now I want one for Christmas.

I have to note, that bilge no longer looks as though it's been vandalized.

Well today we tore the motor down and found a couple issues.

Took the studs out to remove the jugs

Just put 2 nuts on the stud and tighten them together.
364.jpg

Then put the wrench on the lower nut and loosen the stud.

365.jpg

After we pulled all the studs we pulled off the jugs and there was more of the bath tub caulk lol. The base gasket looks to have been reused. There was silicone holding the gasket together where it had ripped before.

366.jpg

New wsm pistons

367.jpg

This is a big problem, it would not have ran had we just hooked everything up. The pickup was covered in the same goop that is all over everything.

368.jpg

369.jpg

This stuff was even on the cup.......
370.jpg

There was not a seal on the mag cover, just globs of sealant
371.jpg

371.jpg

372.jpg

The bendix is missing the bracket to hold it in place. Another major issue.
373.jpg

Popped off the flywheel
374.jpg

New seal but the housing is filthy
375.jpg

Cases were nasty as well
376.jpg

377.jpg

378.jpg

379.jpg

Mostly cleaned up
380.jpg

381.jpg

We will hit a few spots again and then reassemble. Tomorrow I am wire wheeling all the bolts and running a tap through all the holes.

The outsides of the cases turned out nice too, just forgot pics.

Here is a crap load of sealant and old gaskets that should have never have been reused. Even the orings from the studs were reused.
382.jpg

The counterbalancer and crank look good. I will get some pictures up next time I hit the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back