Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since it's vintage bike thread..........

I just drug this girl home tonight. It's actually my old 87 CR80 from when I was in high school. I bought it wrecked, traded an old XR75 and 75 bucks for it back in the day. Then I bought new forks and a radiator for it to the tune of 7 hundos. I traded it for a 302 and a worked auto trans and regretted it. Some how one of my best friends ended up with it blown up. He started working on it and gave up. His son races and they have to many bikes. So I was delivering his sons bike back tonight after we rode this weekend. I jokingly asked about it and said sell it to me cheap. He said it free, drop the gate on your trailer. Lol, so it's back home after 24 years. I traded back in 92 but I first got it around 1990. The previous owner hit a parked car.

20161102_222525.jpeg
20161102_222554.jpeg
20161102_222539.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another option. I have another one of these rare bikes I never got running. This thing is calling to me. I can picture it strapped to one side of a double trailer.... https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/mcy/5851803215.html

So, I'm also a 3 wheeler freak, I just can't get comfy on a quad and still ride a trike to this day. But Matt you would like the Rare Tiger three wheeler....Rotax powered

9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since it's vintage bike thread..........

I just drug this girl home tonight. It's actually my old 87 CR80 from when I was in high school. I bought it wrecked, traded an old XR75 and 75 bucks for it back in the day. Then I bought new forks and a radiator for it to the tune of 7 hundos. I traded it for a 302 and a worked auto trans and regretted it. Some how one of my best friends ended up with it blown up. He started working on it and gave up. His son races and they have to many bikes. So I was delivering his sons bike back tonight after we rode this weekend. I jokingly asked about it and said sell it to me cheap. He said it free, drop the gate on your trailer. Lol, so it's back home after 24 years. I traded back in 92 but I first got it around 1990. The previous owner hit a parked car.

View attachment 38103
View attachment 38104
View attachment 38105
Start a thread on the resto[emoji6]

The haters wouldnt understand
View attachment 38106
:cheers:

Funny you posed this- I almost started a thread on this very thing.

We have an owner's rep at work that mentioned he was a jet ski guy, so I struck up a conversation with him. He bought a Honda turbo'd something or another and raved about how awesome it is, though I'm not sure he knows how to change the oil. All I could think was, and I'm like most of you here, it takes no skill to stroke a check for a fast machine, but building one from the ground up does.

Well unfortunately I doubt there are many 2 strokes going to pass a 300 at least in a straight line.

As for XPS, I switched to Mystic JT4 full syn this year and after comparing raves from a machine with XPS and one with JT4 I see no difference other than more $ in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back