Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spim if you get it and swap parts and what not back to a useable ski you can sell it to me and i will chop it up and make my jonboat a jetjon

i'll let you know, I generally ignore 587/657 when I see them just because its much easier to unload or reuse a 717/787/951 to someone with the same ski. We shall see.

I doubt this is a good fit for us bottom feeders due to price, but this this is a really really beautiful explorer that a guy I know is selling. SBT 717 engine with 40 hours, about a year old, spotless inside and out, new driveshaft, new carrier bearing, completely rebuilt carbs, rebuilt pump that I sold him, new solas impeller, tubes in perfect shape. $4300 on trailer, if anyone is interested PM me I have the guys #. <My wife would kill me if I brought this home but I've always wanted one, perfect for the local waters down here.

238.jpg

239.jpg

240.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I want one buy not anywhere near that price

ya, to be honest I didn't ask him the price until I got there (5 minute drive) and when he said $4300 (and only 3 weeks left to sell it before he moves to europe) I told him that he's going to have to find a special buyer that appreciates the condition its in. I thought he was going to tell me 3K, my high water mark is somewhere between 2500-2700. For 4K I can buy a speedster or challenger that has more value in parts if it ever breaks down, holds more people comfortably, etc etc.

2500 is more realistic look at the Welch plugs is that jb weld
Haha that's the first thing I saw. Can't really ask a premium when cutting corners. That stuff is usually a red flag for me as I don't know what other "fixes" are hiding elsewhere.

I think he'll be cutting that price in half b4 he leaves.

You guys nailed it. I want one also but dang! I'll be down there on the 4th and I'd probably give him 27 without a trailer. I don't like the way the pipe welch plug holes are JB welded instead of welded. What else has he "patched"? I don't need his stickers personalizing it all up either. I'm not out there for disaster relief. I guess it was a fire dept thing, probably explains the condition.

yip, y'all have the same feelings I do on the pricing, if he still has it in 2 weeks things might change. As matt always says "let time soften the price"

and that does look like jb weld but at least from my discussions with him in the past year or so, he's generally overly meticulous about things and he said he just didn't have access to a welder, it wasn't leaking but there were some spots that he was concerned about so put some jb on it < same spot where his last pipe leaked on his gti. he's bought quite a few parts from me in the past since he also had a gti which I bought from him when the engine died. Funny thing is I probably have 2 if not 3 clean exhausts in my attic that the spiders enjoy living in, it would be a shame to take their home.

I should offer to have him bring the trailer to my house this weekend and i'd put new 2x6 bunks and fresh carpet on it, its only a 20 minute job with the air stapler and looks great when finished, he just used some old shag carpet because it spends 99% of the time on the lift, only goes on the trailer for service.

based on my last call he'd probably settle in the mid 3's if he had to but in two weeks he might feel different.

242.jpg

Time for a test ride

Im about an hour and a half behind ya.
1477591959010-1492672353.jpg
Tried to make it yesterday and by the time I got to the ramp and googled "what time is the sunset" I was already 10 min past time to get a ticket. Those pesky water cops :banghead:

Wow this guy did a really good job on this 95. I hit him up for royalties since that's my signature orange.... https://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/5840184571.html

I'm really trying to find a good ski down there to grab since I rarely travel the state. Does anybody remember that crusty Tampa RXX that was on FB? I'd like to hit that guy up but I lost his #

Can't believe they can sell these for this..... https://sarasota.craigslist.org/bod/5833465760.html

A new galvanized single is $800 here

WOW https://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/5848524504.html

Yeah that's a good option and I really need trailers but I'll already be traveling with one on this trip. He might go cheaper if I leave the trailer.

Yeah that's a good option and I really need trailers but I'll already be traveling with one on this trip. He might go cheaper if I leave the trailer.

are you talkin bout the spx, bring the trailer to me, you'll pass me on the way down to venice, name your low, low price for the trailer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back