Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really trying to find a good ski down there to grab since I rarely travel the state. Does anybody remember that crusty Tampa RXX that was on FB? I'd like to hit that guy up but I lost his #

[MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION], If you have a Facebook account I believe this is the one you are looking for.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/149...16055525366489/?sale_post_id=1516055525366489

Thank you and 1 of 500 for this info. I sent the guy a text but have not heard back yet. If I could pick it up for around $1500 that would be my best bet.

I hear you whisky but there is one huge positive. It's officially considered a boat. That means that I could use it at night. I'd like to do some distance trips like whole rivers. I think I might use it around here after dark also.

I hear you whisky but there is one huge positive. It's officially considered a boat. That means that I could use it at night. I'd like to do some distance trips like whole rivers. I think I might use it around here after dark also.

Night riding is awesome. Plus it would make a good fuel/beer vessel to chase the skis around all day.

Surprised he didn't take the offer.

So I did get a call from the German this morning. He might take the offer if I could pick it up two weeks from now so he could use it more before he goes back. He was a super nice guy and he just finished setting the thing up for himself to get a couple trouble free years out of. He's an Explorer guy and has the same model back in Germany.

I told him 27 is all I'll do and I have to know by Thursday morning. I started looking at the trailers and I think the Continental I-beam is the only one that could bring it and a 97XP back. I kinda hoping I don't hear from him cause it's just gonna eat up my trip time.

[MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] that's good to hear! It will be at home with you. If you end up getting it I may have to take a trip down there and take a ride on it. I've always wondered how they handled.

Pretty cool bike. I got a similar score from a friend that bought it new from Malcolm Smith Motorsport, had him sign it, ride it 3 times and stored it for 10 years
5.jpg

Husqvarna 100th anniversary TE250.

Those bikes are pretty trick. Ive never understood why have all this nice stuff brembo talon excell ohlins and have conventional forks, on an 03. They are probably wicked forks none the less. You have to be a freak to truly ride a 125 properly wide open like it wants to.

Do you collect wicked bikes as well matt?

Thise Huskys used to be pretty unique too mikidymac, i always wanted ine that wasnt a ktm, otherwise i would just get a ktm its nice they are keeping the name alive

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I came from a KTM 450 EXC and on my way to buy a brand new 350 XC-W when my friend offered the TE 250. It's a little small for me at 6'3" 200 lbs but so much fun to throw around and so less tiring than the 450.

I used to ride a lot years ago. These days I get a sweet bike and just stare at it for 5 or ten years before I cut it loose again. I had a minty 1981 Husky 250 back in the day. I've also had classic street bikes like a 74 BMW and a Yami RD 350. I just don't love the road ride enough to take the risk.

That left side kick start might take some getting used to on that ATK.
[MENTION=82130]snikwad003[/MENTION] what year is your KX? 250 right? I had a 98 KX 250 a few years ago, that thing was a beast!!

So I did get a call from the German this morning. He might take the offer if I could pick it up two weeks from now so he could use it more before he goes back. He was a super nice guy and he just finished setting the thing up for himself to get a couple trouble free years out of. He's an Explorer guy and has the same model back in Germany.

I told him 27 is all I'll do and I have to know by Thursday morning. I started looking at the trailers and I think the Continental I-beam is the only one that could bring it and a 97XP back. I kinda hoping I don't hear from him cause it's just gonna eat up my trip time.

matt, if you need assistance or storage on this I can pitch in and help. I can stash it in the garage next door for a week or two, but once thanksgiving rolls around I lose the garage. (I just sent an email to my neighbor 2 minutes ago to confirm their return date)

Norbert IS a super nice fella, i've worked with him for about 2 years now, zero complaints.

Even if you bring a trailer down I could always get it for you with the trailer and unload that for $300 probably pretty quickly afterwards and reimburse you. I'm pretty cash strapped right now since I just bought a new car and haven't sold my old one so I can't front the money, but if you think it might be a possibility, you could always send me or write me a check up in lake george and I can just hold it in case you need me and tear it up if the deal falls through.

It wouldn't be that much trouble for me to get it up to englewood either, its only about an hour for me, assuming his trailer is ready for the trip.

I'm supposed to go look at that speedster today but the timing is terrible, trying to wrap up work and hitting the road at 7am tomorrow, i'm hoping I can talk him into waiting for me to return from lake george.

Last edited by a moderator:
That left side kick start might take some getting used to on that ATK.
[MENTION=82130]snikwad003[/MENTION] what year is your KX? 250 right? I had a 98 KX 250 a few years ago, that thing was a beast!!

Its an '06 with frame powdercoated green instead of silver '14 450f front fender and plate '08 450f rad shrouds and '06 rear fender and side panels. The forks are junk and im gonna switch them over to showas but that 05-07 motor is a different animal than the previous motors. My dad had a 97 and it was what started my green addiction. I ride that beast in the woods and it teaches me a lesson in respect every time!
Its basicly brand new too :thumbsup:
tapatalk_1457143962639.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back