Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've actually refined my search to only double aluminums ;) i wanted to get a nice purty single and plastidip it and use it to haul my one honda around easy, but i figure i'll more than likely always have 2, so if anybody (esp ocod) comes across anything in the coastie range.... lemme know

Ankeneyou has a new toy! This followed me home today:
306.jpg

[MENTION=41354]dgoodwin10[/MENTION] thanks again! I was without an HX for all of 4 days after trading my 95 on Saturday, lol. This one has a nice big box of NIB aftermarket goodies too.

The boarding step on the HX is really funny though. That will be the first thing to go.

I cant wait to get my fingers on one of those, wife wouldnt let me buy yours, but I found the the truck Ive been looking for, for a few months and she had no problem jumping on it since she will ride in it, if its got tits tires or floats it will cause you problems and cost you money, but I do like my new truck20160922_183107.jpg

I cant wait to get my fingers on one of those, wife wouldnt let me buy yours, but I found the the truck Ive been looking for, for a few months and she had no problem jumping on it since she will ride in it, if its got tits tires or floats it will cause you problems and cost you money, but I do like my new truckView attachment 37781

I've got to ask... what do you do that requires that big of a truck?

Sharp looking Ford though. 6.0?

that would be the 6.0 03-07 fords had them I'd say this his an 06 like mine.
308.jpg
first thing I would invest in is am edge CTS insight it plugs into the obd2 port on our trucks ( mine is an 06 f350 single rear wheel) these are notorious for a number of problems but almost all of them are preventable and make great power
309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to ask... what do you do that requires that big of a truck?

Sharp looking Ford though. 6.0?

Yep 2006 6.0 powerstroke with grey leather lariat and every interior option but the sunroof. Ford put tan in damn near every truck that left the line :facepalm: the king ranch is nice but all the tan makes me sick. I got a massive truck so that I can get the biggest slide in camper I can afford and tow the boat, or any future boat at the same time. Overkill? Yes, but the wife will never be a good trailer tower, and to go on vacations with a camper and a boat would require 2 vehicles towing. It has been "bulletproofed" and has an SCT tune but I dont have the tuner. All the 6.0 problems except for the FICIM go to the poorly designed oil cooler, and pumping too much EGR gasses through it. The head studs are probably unnecessary to the average guy but that became the fad to fix head gasket problems when really all was needed was a clean turbo and egr delete, and a external oil cooler. But hey, if it did blow the head gaskets because of a stuck turbo or busted egr cooler, why not put studs in it:cheers:

Yep 2006 6.0 powerstroke with grey leather lariat and every interior option but the sunroof. Ford put tan in damn near every truck that left the line :facepalm: the king ranch is nice but all the tan makes me sick. I got a massive truck so that I can get the biggest slide in camper I can afford and tow the boat, or any future boat at the same time. Overkill? Yes, but the wife will never be a good trailer tower, and to go on vacations with a camper and a boat would require 2 vehicles towing. It has been "bulletproofed" and has an SCT tune but I dont have the tuner. All the 6.0 problems except for the FICIM go to the poorly designed oil cooler, and pumping too much EGR gasses through it. The head studs are probably unnecessary to the average guy but that became the fad to fix head gasket problems when really all was needed was a clean turbo and egr delete, and a external oil cooler. But hey, if it did blow the head gaskets because of a stuck turbo or busted egr cooler, why not put studs in it:cheers:

+1 on the 06' I have a SRW 2006 F-350 Lariat silver with grey leather. And a sunroof HaHa!
I did the full bulletproof diesel kit and their FICM power supply before anything ever went wrong. I love my truck. The only thing I added was the Edge Insight monitor with EGT probe and never any tune. It is so nice being able to monitor everything now.

+1 on the 06' I have a SRW 2006 F-350 Lariat silver with grey leather. And a sunroof HaHa!
I did the full bulletproof diesel kit and their FICM power supply before anything ever went wrong. I love my truck. The only thing I added was the Edge Insight monitor with EGT probe and never any tune. It is so nice being able to monitor everything now.

There is an SCT Livewire egt probe, box and cable run into the cab but im not reading too many happy things about the livewire. I might have a ficm issue, I have not measured voltages yet, and im gonna get that BPD oil cooler kit. Its expensive but looks to be made of good stuff and the theory behind it just plain makes sense. Water to oil coolers only belong in watercraft, and having a thermostat on the oil cooler makes sense too. I wish my trucks original owner ordered it with a sun roof, but oh well I didnt drop $68k on it so Ill live :cheers:

haha I thoroughly enjoyed this! First note I love my king ranch except for the tan leather that's now wearing into like a camel color[emoji14] but your correct on the head studs I have them installed but only did it when it was brought in for the bulletproofing which by the way my wallet still feels, I'm not running a tune or a tuner just the gauges so i can motor everything especially trans temps and the balance rate of the injectors. I'm a little jealous of yours being the dually just looks more mean and has the added tow capacity. and the sct tunes are great if I remember correctly they are the only ones that truly work well with our trucks as in the tune it actually adjusts the shift points and compensates for the designed tune no matter what style it is.

Looks good Matt. Do you take out the engine and media blast/paint each one?

I've got a few runners sitting around and trying to determine the best way to get the flaking paint off and repaint without disassembling.

I have drove every FORD diesel ever produced in Ambulances. I LOVE THE 6.0 !!! When it is running right ( no check engine lit ) and Tranny is shifting on point. The engine is a drivers dream. I drive my 2004 E-350 baby, like I stole it. High idle when parked and running. Our crack mechanic staff keeps it maintained great. I have owned 2 diesels and I love the MPG they get. ( back when diesel fuel was 98c a gallon )

No I only do whatever each ski needs. Unfortunately this one ate something so the RV surface was screwed and the RV shaft was bent. I built it back on 96 cases.

Flaking paint; I don't know if you can still buy it. There was a product called paint popper. You sprayed it on and it would make paint just pop off the surface. All the way to the base / primer coat. I can't remember where I got it. Lacquer thinner takes a lot of stuff off. If really bad, seal, all openings with inter-tube rubber and have sand blasted. I had truck rims done for $20 a rim.
Stripped down to raw steel.

I have drove every FORD diesel ever produced in Ambulances. I LOVE THE 6.0 !!! When it is running right ( no check engine lit ) and Tranny is shifting on point. The engine is a drivers dream. I drive my 2004 E-350 baby, like I stole it. High idle when parked and running. Our crack mechanic staff keeps it maintained great. I have owned 2 diesels and I love the MPG they get. ( back when diesel fuel was 98c a gallon )

LOL $0.98 for diesel. Remember a few years ago when it was $4.99? I had just bought mine when that happened and parked it and road my specialized road bike to work.

lol that's too funny. at least up here in Maine it's about planed about to about $2.39 and stayed right around there as of late

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back