Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new I-beam Continental is a nice trailer And for $1300 it is very hard to pass up. Good name, been around for years.

The ones in Cape coral have the name, but I know of two that cracked, I'd avoid.

I can back up ocod on the $500 doubles, I just sold two, each for $400. One Was A POS that needed everything, I was concerned when I found out the buyer had a 50 mile ride home, the 2nd had no winch posts. You get what you pay for.

The ones in Cape coral have the name, but I know of two that cracked, I'd avoid.

I can back up ocod on the $500 doubles, I just sold two, each for $400. One Was A POS that needed everything, I was concerned when I found out the buyer had a 50 mile ride home, the 2nd had no winch posts. You get what you pay for.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/bod/5726934713.html

1300 for brand new is a deal just a long haul to Miami

Ill ask guy again. I did for coastie.
Matt got a good deal with Uship.

Or if you come closer to GTG something could be worked out with enough planning or uship back up?

Some of those used ones may not be the deal. They need: new bunks, walk board, carpet, lights, tires and bearings / bearing buddies. Now, how much have you saved?
My oldest son, the tire guy and mechanic. Says that tires need to be replaced at 10 years old. There are codes on the side wall that tells you when they are manufactured. Really want to chance your toys with old tires?

Some of those used ones may not be the deal. They need: new bunks, walk board, carpet, lights, tires and bearings / bearing buddies. Now, how much have you saved?
My oldest son, the tire guy and mechanic. Says that tires need to be replaced at 10 years old. There are codes on the side wall that tells you when they are manufactured. Really want to chance your toys with old tires?
I replace the tires on every trailer I buy I've never bought new though.

I replace the tires on every trailer I buy I've never bought new though.

It adds up quick especially if you have to add SS nuts/bolts and hardware.
That's why from 900 to barely used new save you 300-400 off new and makes it feel like a good deal.

Those 400-500 bargains are money pits and work where one new is new!

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/bod/5726934713.html

Ill ask guy again. I did for coastie.
Matt got a good deal with Uship.

Or if you come closer to GTG something could be worked out with enough planning or uship back up?

ya, thats the seller I'm speaking about, they seem to be made out of thinner i beams than the others, two cracked with RXP's on them, my buddy got pissed after the 2nd cracked and talked the shop into swapping it for a galvanized. Maybe the issues have been fixed, maybe not.

That's why you really have to look at what you think is a deal. I used to own snow plow trucks. I had to really look at a truck and see if it really is a deal. The little details can kill you in funds put out to get them ready. My present truck is a good candidate. But it costs twice as much for the plow setup. Is it a money pit or not?

It adds up quick especially if you have to add SS nuts/bolts and hardware.
That's why from 900 to barely used new save you 300-400 off new and makes it feel like a good deal.

Those 400-500 bargains are money pits and work where one new is new!

ya, like I said above the two I sold needed lots of TLC, the one I sold had rust everywhere, lots of it, I drove it 10 miles to my house and let me tell you, I drove it very very slow :) When the buyer said he had an hour drive home I told him to be careful, even offered to sell him a spare tire for $20 and he declined. I know He made it home because I talked to him the next day about some parts and he didn't call me any bad names :) < relieved. Worked out for me I included two "free" stripped down hulls so I was happy to avoid a trip to the dump with a seriously sketchy trailer.

#2 was pretty solid but missing $300 in winch posts and winches, lights didn't work, fortunately dude was putting 1 kayak and a tiny sailboat so he didn't need the winches so it worked out, still took 3 weeks to sell it even at $400. I started at 450 and wouldn't budge below 400 because I put new bunks and lights on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, thats the seller I'm speaking about, they seem to be made out of thinner i beams than the others, two cracked with RXP's on them, my buddy got pissed after the 2nd cracked and talked the shop into swapping it for a galvanized. Maybe the issues have been fixed, maybe not.

IDK
Mine is built solid atleast.
You now how they get ya.

Older products are made better than newer due to cost of material
Same size box but less weight or smaller than before.

ya, for me i'd rather have a nice galvinized a few years old, new winches and some fatty tires.

(or a triton of course, they are pretty awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back