Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was closer I would but it's 2.5 hrs one way. He painted it up all over the region too just like I plan to do. Guess I'm gonna have to polish a little tomorrow.

Thought I had a donor ski being delivered to my house for 200 until I realized that the 3D I posted the other day was an rfi .... I coulda sworn some 3Ds were carb'd? :( boo...

So I just got in from a crazy day..... King's Speed Shop came over to ride with my son and I so I loaded a couple skis that needed testing. The 96XP I put on CL did need a rectifier so I popped a new one in and it was OK after that. But that's not the "story"....

I had just completely put my zebra ski back together and had not ridden it yet. The MSD ignition was acting up so some times it had spark and then it would just loose it. We got it going so we dunked it and I went to mount the ski. It was not firing when I first started it and then the spark kicked in to cause a backfire. I cranked the ski after that but the backfire had blown the exhaust hose off the exhaust outlet!

The ski stated choking on it's own exhaust and shut down. Then I realized the real trouble...... I was sinking like a stone!! Zack jumped in and swam to keep the ski level as my son through it's bow line over the grab handle of the XP. Only the bars were above the water. It was dark water too so the ski would have been GONE(lost) without their quick help. I lost the Iphone but all else is OK.

Sorry for the loss of the phone Matt.

Glad you kept from the dark Florida waters.

Got all the water cleaned out yet?

Its was definitely a adrenaline rush that's for sure..My instincts kicked in and herculesed that ski back out of the water while his son towed it back to the dock. Matt flushed the water out..installed new e box and she fired right up..dunked it back in the water and went on a good ride!..funny thing was while his ski was sinking he lost one sandal..so of course he threw the other one away..on the way in from riding..Matt spotted something down river..thought it was a baby gator but no it was his sandal floating! So Matt dung his sandal back out of the trash haha.

got to spend some time on the water today, buddy came over from arkansas so we rented 2 skis at https://www.lottoboat.net/ ( i've rented from them many times, and have always had a good time and their customer service is excellent)

Yeah I didn't want to to think about my cb bearings rusting up while I was trying to fall asleep at night so we put a good run on it.

Glad you guys rescued the boat! quite the adventure.

Very similar thing happened to me maiden voyage on a new to me ski last year.

I was out riding with a buddy and we were about a mile from dock when all of a sudden ski starts feeling sluggish, wont accel, just will idle. I slowed down and it felt like ski was taking on water, very tippy and sitting low.

I pulled seat and water about up to carbs. I hooked a line to his ski and mine and jumped on his yami terd. Then he towed me back quickly. Didn't have anything to pinch off pump line to head.

Got back to dock and he stood there in shallow water trying to keep it from sinking as water made its way up to steering stem. Just like yours Matt. I rushed to get truck and trailer, told the people in line thats my yellow terd sinking lol. They were nice and I cut line. Brought it up on trailer pulled drain plug and spark plugs and started spinnign it over to flush of water. Got it home, found out exhaust hose came off outlet! Stainless steel hose clamp was rusted and snapped while wake jumping at lake. I put a good fresh water clsmp on.

Yanked rear ebox and threw the hose to my wet/dry vac in the rear ebox housing. Took air compressor to the wiring and electronics then sprayed everything with contact oil and wd40 then used air compressor again to dry everything off. Double checked all connections and continued to pull plugs and flush moisture out of engine. Took a while but finally got it to fire. Took it back to lake and beat the piss out of it. haha

Yeah I didn't want to to think about my cb bearings rusting up while I was trying to fall asleep at night so we put a good run on it.

I'm buying two blown Doos on a double trailer for $700. The problem is that it's in West Palm Bch (8 hours away). I'm thinking Uship.

It's a 97GSX and a 99XPL

Last edited by a moderator:
Good News! I accepted a bid of $325 ($350 total cost) for a guy to bring the skis up. He should be here tomorrow with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back