The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion ( oh geez here comes the linch mob) build it with stock a pump. Fast furious and cheap. To put things in perspective here, stock 787 is a 140mm pump. Stock 951 is a 155mm. Now grab your calibers and measure out 15mm. So the pump is 7.5 mm all the way around outer diameter. Less than 1/4 inch all the way around. In our Superstock racing days (187 hp dynoed) we ran a 148mm Mag pump @ 68.4 mph on XPL. Thats 1/8 inch bigger. The task of mating up any bigger pump to an X4 is a daunting machine worked process. Reality is pump shoe is still 140 mm, so whats accomplished? With pump nozzle extension ( 95 XP) and a 148mm RXX Mag pump, some ridiculous machine work, hrs of welding and port matching, Im sure mine handles, accelerates, and will mph any stock 787 pump by 10%. Conclusion is worry about that mod when conversion is done and running. Imhop... and here come the dogs ! (: btw dip switches are MSD ign timing control. Secret to success for cheap power.

Damn yall got me wanting to try this. I've got the donor ski, a complete 98xpl with new reman sbt already out of the ski, I was gonna restore it but I've also got a gutted 96xp hull wasting away in my garage as well.

.... and another sleepless night of mulling seadoo stuff over begins....

Damn yall got me wanting to try this. I've got the donor ski, a complete 98xpl with new reman sbt already out of the ski, I was gonna restore it but I've also got a gutted 96xp hull wasting away in my garage as well.

Your a pro Craigslist shopper. Don't waste that XPL, I'd wait for another donor.

The stock 951 is only 20HP more then a stock 787. You could leave the 140mm pump in there and buy a taller prop for it like a Solas X2.

That's easy, put the 951 into the x4, and a 4tec into the XPL. That's on my bucketlist

Do you have an idea how much it might cost? Also, would a longer drive shaft be required if you used the pump adapter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an idea how much it might cost? Also, would a longer drive shaft be required if you used the pump adapter?
Yes longer drive shafts will be needed and will be supplied in the kit. Pricing depends on what my final R&D costs end up being as well as what the costs of manufacturing are. But I'm hoping to get it out there for under 350. It'll consist of a 140mm to 155mm pump bolt pattern adapter/pump spacer, drive shaft, customer's choice of 2 different front engine mount options, and a cross over pipe for the exhaust, and instructions for waterbox modification.

Yes longer drive shafts will be needed and will be supplied in the kit. Pricing depends on what my final R&D costs end up being as well as what the costs of manufacturing are. But I'm hoping to get it out there for under 350. It'll consist of a 140mm to 155mm pump bolt pattern adapter/pump spacer, drive shaft, customer's choice of 2 different front engine mount options, and a cross over pipe for the exhaust, and instructions for waterbox modification.

That does sound good. I'd buy that.

Sign me up if I don't have to make permanent mods to the xp800
That's the point, 100 percent bolt in. Tho the front mount might require some drilling on the inside of the hull near the drain channel unless the mag cover mounting option is chosen,but then you have to run premix. Haven't gotten that far in the engineering department lol

Im liking it too....Id buy one for the cause even if I dont get the time to do it.

Just a side note, I just PU that parted 99SPX hull from last week. Its nice but like all hulls it had a few blemishes. Main issue is the right side decals are much more faded than the left. I will most likely just peel the decals and make it a mod hull.

I also PU another 99 SPX, this one was complete for $400. Hull has a few blems but its decent and after a good wash inside...it looks like new. It supposedly was blown, but I got it home and it fired right up and has perfect compression with 175hrs. Ill have it ready for the water next week.

Lastly.... The Silicone X-4 hoses will be in my hands late next week. If you are interested hit me up I only have a few left.

The Silicone X-4 hoses will be in my hands late next week. If you are interested hit me up I only have a few left.

What colors do you have available? I've got the two hoses I bought from the first round, but have a third X4 that could use hoses eventually.

951 x4 conversion kit would awesome. Front bar with XPL engine mt saves tons of time.
12.jpg
13.jpg
Ziggy had water box mod done right.
14.jpg
fuel pickup mod is,waste of time.. someone can do swap in a weekend. Conversion needs a " dog house" bolt on" fiberglass piece for quick access like RXP.

I'd take one of those kits! I hate working on my 951, but I would love to stuff one in an X4. I can imagine they are that much more fun with an extra 20hp.

I'd take one of those kits! I hate working on my 951, but I would love to stuff one in an X4. I can imagine they are that much more fun with an extra 20hp.

Forget that! Not worth it to keep it stock. Seriously, a piped 787 and carbs would be more fun. Set up properly you can get a reliable 170-180hp out of a 951. That's when it's worth it to swap. That's when the X4 comes to life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunnerable Im telling you my 951 x4 with stock mtr, light pto, tons of ign timing will seriously out run my fast full limited 787, all day long and pump gas. With my 210 lbs I can not load mtr in corners after 10 hard turns. I personally will never sink another dime into 787 gerbal mtrs. This boat is just " pissed off angry fast" Matt B btw, checked lean on boat floating in water this weekend and sits level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back