The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me Too!! I just saw this and sent a text. I have it but it's just the panels and a guy built wood sides for it and put a little Christmas light behind it. It's neat to see how it originally was.

118.jpg

Finally got to test the racerxxx produced sponsons. They work perfectly. I was extremely impressed with how much better the Doo grabs in the corners

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Adam you should run those back plate leading edge at a 45 degree so they dont plow water. I have been tweaking design on these for a couple decades and recently found tipping them out 15 degrees allows boat to lean harder in corner. Really sketchy running 3/4 material through table saw!
123.jpg

Adam you should run those back plate leading edge at a 45 degree so they dont plow water. I have been tweaking design on these for a couple decades and recently found tipping them out 15 degrees allows boat to lean harder in corner. Really sketchy running 3/4 material through table saw!
123.jpg

Very cool idea! Never thought about that angle before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

118.jpg

Finally got to test the racerxxx produced sponsons. They work perfectly. I was extremely impressed with how much better the Doo grabs in the corners

96 XP800!

I bought a set of these about 4 years ago; I have no complaints with them. Anything is better than the oem ones.

123.jpg

Did you make the sponsons youself doc? if so what did you make them out off....

glsmohio racerxxx reproduced some aftermarket sponsons. Did you pick up 2 x4's? You should get you a set of 2

96 XP800!

glsmohio racerxxx reproduced some aftermarket sponsons. Did you pick up 2 x4's? You should get you a set of 2

96 XP800!

right now i have 4 x4's lol and one 94 spx (not a true x4, im sure you know)...i did see where he reproduced some, but i like to make things. i have a mill and all the good little toys. I do like the stock sponsons (like to spin) but i might make a race ski or something

I definitely enjoy my X4's with sponsons but i enjoy the ones i have without sponsons just as much. They each have there perks depending on what style of riding im doing that day.

If you are wanting to spin 360's and just horse around the oem sponsons are great.

96 XP800!

This why you have the adjustable ones, all that way up they're still very playful, all the way down you corner like you're on rails.

corner like on rails, and fly like a bird if your not holding on. My first experience with beach house I hit my first turn around 40 not realizing that the ski wasn't going to slide like I was used to, and whomp... Ski went left and I went right ! Landed about 10 feet from the ski feeling a little embarrassed.

corner like on rails, and fly like a bird if your not holding on. My first experience with beach house I hit my first turn around 40 not realizing that the ski wasn't going to slide like I was used to, and whomp... Ski went left and I went right ! Landed about 10 feet from the ski feeling a little embarrassed.
Lol same exact thing happened to me when I first installed my worx sponsons

I wonder if it would be fun completely remove the sponsons. I love sliding around and playing with the physics of water

I wonder if it would be fun completely remove the sponsons. I love sliding around and playing with the physics of water

My buddy and I experimented with removing his on his 96 XP at the lake last week. It was pretty fun getting tossed off. Lol The ski has a mind of its own when you turn it. It was fun for a bit. You can tell a huge difference once you put the sponsons back on.lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I've seen a couple people lately with those types of ratchets that only turn counter clockwise. Stop killing the rare skis!

96 XP800!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back