The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I've had about 5 X4 hulls. Still have the first, also picked up another '96, and a '98 last year.

The '96 is stock, came from Lake Travis here in Texas. It was a dock ski, so the top is clean, but the bottom is faded as hell.

the '98 I bought off CL with no engine. I've been buying odds and ends from Wayne for that- spec 2, Mint 0-hour novi 42's, UMI, drop nozz... Bought that crank and counterbalancer from your (Nick's?) brother down here.. the TDR rebuilt one.. To port or not to port?? I haz GTI tank for it. Looking forward to slowly and unhurriedly getting the 96 water ready, and putting the 98 together.

Attached is a picture from 1998-99. I'm on the left dropping the gang sign. I think that's a gang sign. I'm pretty gang.

10152561_10152173765507655_3257543586800636085_n.jpg

Now thats Ganster!!!! LOLOL

Jess is the name you were looking for. The 98 SPX is my unicorn. Everytime I think Im gonna get a fixer upper it gets sold out from under me.

What???? I've never seen anything like this! Is it functional? What exactly is that

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

It was a rare aftermarket kit that gave the early 90's Seadoos trim and better steering. Of coarse the 95 already has trim and it already has the pump extension so..... you see what we have here, haha

134.jpg

Nothing like a fresh Busch light when working on the ski lol

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Love the 550 Brian, I think you need a bigger trailer tho. Not a lot of meat to hang that Kawi on. I'll post a pic of my setup soon

951x4 is stuck in traffic. Aka paint shop. About ready to plastidip damn thing. Lost a little steam once I started new project. It will just take a few days to assemble once painted. Scored all new bumpers on ebay cheap.

Now those are some minty fresh x4's

Thanks. The SPX was a one owner boat that spent most of it's life stored in an office building and the XP got dropped off at my door step by a cabin owner who wanted it out of his life. I have write up's on both on this site. Is it summer yet?

I just bought, fixed and traded this beauty...Basically mint other than this ding on the nose. I talked to the previous owner the other day and he told me it happened when he brought it to be winterized. Went to pick it up and this SOB actually admitted he took it to the lake and banged it into the dock. OMG I would have killed the guy...I mean look at this thing!!!

Inside wise it had been hacked on by many different dealers over the years...aftermarket starter, front ebox all cruddy from someone losing the seal, only half the fuel lines replaced, pipe repaired but broke the support bolt. Took care of all if it in a few hours. New owner (owner of a dealership!! LOL) and his daughter are gonna be happy this spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who wouldn't want that beautiful thing!!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the old story of guy bought it for his cabin, rode it until it broke, then parked it in the garage and forgot about it until the day he sold the cabin. He was actually talking about bringing it to the dump!!:facepalm:

I assumed a lot of risk buying it as it was never winterized (and probably towed off the lake, thus filled with water) but I paid almost nothing for it. Runs like new now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back