The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after a few years of sitting in the shop waiting to be finished. It got its maiden voyage weekend up north, didn't quite float perfectly, had some extra sealing to do and there was a hole in one of the lines. But it ripped all weekend long with no issues!

Mods
Fresh Motor(was "breaking" it in)
Factory Pipe(forget the details)
Mel Miller Head(pump gas domes)
R/D Flame Arrestor
98 SPX Waterbox
Different fuel pump set-up seperate from carbs
Added oil injection back onto it
UMI Steering/Bars etc
Jet-Dynamics Intake grate
RFI Pump
Jet-Trim Seat

Stuff to Add
Bilge Pump
TTO Tach
Cleaner RFI Prop
Aftermarket Rotary cover
Hydro Turf
Lever Trim
44 mm Carbs

No gauges, just the ear and a spark plug wrench all weekend. Listened to the ipod a lot as well.
728.jpg

729.jpg

Checking on how much water was in it.
730.jpg

Fouled a spark plug here, had to change it.
731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought this was picture worthy, X4 next to my 23' open bow. Funny how small it looks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 79
a good clean 95 is rare as it is. the thing is loaded out with am parts and custom porting work. carbs are 500, pipe is 500 min, 300 for the msd, 150 for the ecwi, plus sponsons,skat trak ,bars, and hull work. its a fair price. he knows he could make more by returning it to stock and selling it all off, but he doesn't want to. too many memories in it and he can't bring himself to do it. heck he might give you guys a little discount if you tell him i sent yeh lol.

IMHO if hes serious about selling it he needs to drop it to 3000 and take offers from there. Yes the 95 xp800 is rare, but not thatttt rare. And his isnt stock so it takes away the collectable value of it. Great ski though. Hope it sells for him.

I just could not bring myself to drop 4 Grand on a 95 XP800
There was a mint fresh original forsale in my neighborhood for 1500$ asking price
99.jpg

A member on here (I cant remember his name) picked up a pretty clean one near me last year. Guy was asking 15 with a trailer and supposedly ran great. Had grey fuel lines but looked nice. I don't think he payed over 1300 for it. And this was in the middle of summer too.

Ok group ... ya fished me in and I kept one eye out for one of them 96 XPs.

Found one several days ago where the mechanic who had maintained it for years was storing it for the owner for a little while. Seems the owner's wife was kinda scared of the beast so it needed to be sold.

Looks good, just some cleanup needed (will post pics).

150/150 compression (well, a couple tics under)

Looks like am seat/cover and mats

No paint on rave bolts so looks like some maintenance

Gray fuel lines so have a bit of work before firing it up for real

Mech said bad starter and was bogging down, but had Walmart battery; replaced battery with new AGM and cranks good initially.

No double chirps when installing key, but lights on panel come on for a few seconds. Wiring diagram is not in service manual that I have.

Looks like I gotta check for fuel tank recall

Registration good til end of 95

Initial pic is on truck. Had 5 big guys to put it on truck and only me to get it off. But then brain kicked in and queried "so why in the hell do you keep Ashly and Hanna (see avatar) around?". They may look frail, but got the job done (wait for chapter 2).

Rod
oh, I forgot to mention $600

Attachments

• CAM00120a.jpg
    CAM00120a.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 99
This is a family friendly forum lets leave the banana hammoc in the lingerie drawer :puke:

Just bought a 97 SPX. The handlebars hit my knees when I am turning unless I put my feet way up front on the incline (bad for back) or if I tuck my feet back a long way. I am only 6' tall. Anyone else have this issue? Would UMI steering help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back