The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had real good luck sticking it to a smooth polished surface. It would probably do either well just give it an Acetone wipe and a minute to dry and you'll be golden.

Hey guys I'm having problems with my ski agin. At the end of last season it was running fine but then instantly shut off. It blew the 5 amp fuse so I bought a new rectifier and when I plug in my lanyard I get two beeps and it still blows the 5 amp fuse and I didn't know what els to do so I stored it for the winter. I did some reading and found out that it could be a bad MPEM or metal fillings in the stator. So today I replaced the fuse and unplugged the stator at the engine block and plugged in the lanyard and nothing happened nothing beeped or lit up so I plugged the stator in and the same thing happened before I got two beeps and than the 5 amp fuse blew. So does that mean I have a bad stator?

Kinda sounds like the stator is grounding out on magneto but idk. Oh and if the stator is unplugged the ski will not do anything. Haha I put my new motor in and hooked eveything up put new battery in and put the dess key on for first start up and nothing happened. Kinda scared me for a minute till I saw the stator was unplugged.

Kinda sounds like the stator is grounding out on magneto but idk. Oh and if the stator is unplugged the ski will not do anything. Haha I put my new motor in and hooked eveything up put new battery in and put the dess key on for first start up and nothing happened. Kinda scared me for a minute till I saw the stator was unplugged.
Lol I didn't know that. But I read somewhere that if you unplugged the stator and it still blew the fuse that meant it was the stator but if the fuse didn't blow that it was a bad MPEM. Should I un plug the stator from inside the fuse box? Or does it not matter?

The bracket that holds the trigger input for the spark likes to break off on those inside the mag housing. One of those wires in the 6 pin plug is a ground so that's why it's dead until plugged in. I would plug it in and check the other wires coming from the stator plug before I tear in there. It could be the MPEM. You might want to start a fresh thread on it if the problem persists.

Need some help here, took the ski out today and and it seems like the mag piston runs a little bit warmer then the Pto. The Pto is warm on my finger where the mag is a bit more. Not a burn your finger kinda warm but probably 20 degrees difference. Any ideas? Or is it
Normal?

2 comes to mind. Maybe the second option there(02?)

leave the sensitivity and plug wire wrap no more than 5 times

Need some help here, took the ski out today and and it seems like the mag piston runs a little bit warmer then the Pto. The Pto is warm on my finger where the mag is a bit more. Not a burn your finger kinda warm but probably 20 degrees difference. Any ideas? Or is it
Normal?

You'll probably get a better response if you start a new thread.

either right on the front panel near the dess post, or handlebar mount, i've never seen it anywhere else.

333.jpg

524.jpg

On my stock 97 SPX I mounted it on the hood in between the VTS and oil gauge. It looks awesome but I had to get an extension for the wire to run it all the way through the hood to the motor. On my 96xp I have a UMI setup so I just mounted it right below the predrilled hole in the UMI plate. I'll try to get some pics when I get home this evening

Did you just use the 3m or drilled to hold it on? Just ordered one last night

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Flipped my 96 xp yesterday. Filled with water QUICK. Found out soon after that I had flipped it right side up the wrong way. Wouldn't crank so towed it back to shore and brought her back home. Took out the plugs and sprayed inside several times with wd40. Left plugs off and turned it over a few times to spit out anything that could've gotten in. Battery was acting weak also so charged it up. Put everything back together and she Crunk right up. Should I be good to go or do I need to do anything else?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Did you ride it after that, or just put it away wet? You really need to run it for a while to try and "dry" it out as best you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back