The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not being serious? I'm sorry if you took what I said the wrong way.

I know I would have loved to have a new OEM 786 in my 96 over my reman

We know a guy who has an oem 96 787 motor. He has it sitting in his garage and he doesnt own a seadoo with a 787. His neighbor bought a 96 xp brand new, it had problems from day one. He had his xp at the dealer the whole summer. They replaced almost everything and so they ordered a new motor after being stumped. The dealer found the electrical issue right before the new motor was to be installed. The dealer gave him the new motor as a spare for all of his trouble plus the guy was a long time customer. Well 10 years later the guy sold the xp and forgot he had the spare motor. One day he was cleaning out his garage and found it. He just gave it to his neighbor. So since then we have offered the guy $800, a new snow blower, we went up to $1000 and he still wouldnt budge. He is waiting for a killer deal on a blown up 96-96 gtx. He will be waiting a while since we snap them all up lol.

274.jpg

I do believe it is a seadoo rebuilt motor because the cylinder to case gasket is not painted and case bolts have socket marks on them

You have to get us a little light in the intake ports. A 95 case will be smooth along the bottom and the later 787's will have a ridge there. Either will work in your ski.

Yep that's no good. Better send it on down to me (ha-ha). No really it's a 95 and that's good. It's OEM but still "ported" compared to later cases. Awesome.

I'm going to say it was shop rebuilt. If that came direct from Doo it would have a new crank, those rods look dark, not shiny copper coated like new ones. Regardless, still a nice pick up.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine works with a guy that worked for seadoo and he had it sitting in his shop covered up for years. I gave him my core motor without head and $800 cash.

Well, with light you can see better, that's a new crank. Sweet deal. But why did he need your core?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Or I'm sure one of these fine gentlemen will trade you a built 787 that you don't need to use a new PTO with lol haha

I mean at this point. All it is is a rebuilt engine with seadoo parts. I can build the same engine in my garage. All the parts are still available to make it exactly like the one you bought. Its not a NOS engine or anything. You probably couldve actually rebuilt your engine you had with new oem parts cheaper than $800, but all things considered it isn't terrible at all considering you didnt have any shipping costs or waiting time

I mean at this point. All it is is a rebuilt engine with seadoo parts. I can build the same engine in my garage. All the parts are still available to make it exactly like the one you bought. Its not a NOS engine or anything. You probably couldve actually rebuilt your engine you had with new oem parts cheaper than $800, but all things considered it isn't terrible at all considering you didnt have any shipping costs or waiting time
The quality of that build looks better than any I've seen besides "clapped out". Even when I get 20% off and free shipping on a crank from BRP, after seals your still talking a five hundred dollar bill right there. You still have OEM wrist pin bearings, OEM complete gasket kit, etc befor you even get to that brand new pair of OEM pistons. Are they standard bore? That means new OEM sleeves installed by BRP themselves?

Sorry I respectfully disagree. No way can you build that engine for $800. Even if you had those brand new 95 cases for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back