The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweeeeet [MENTION=59978]kicker[/MENTION]! I own 2 99s but have never seen anymore for sale and the only place I see other ones is on the forums! My favorite X4 for sure! Nice ski buddy

Sent from Cody's iPhone

Your right, they don't come up often. I needed another ski lke a hole in the head but couldn't pass this up. I will probably sell the XP to justify my purchase.

The addction contnues.........Darn X4 thread!! LOL

Sent using Tapatalk

What size tap do I need for the counterbalance oil plug

What plug are you using? The bottom is a 1/8 NPT, I think the top one is 18 mm. I think I put it in my clapped out thread, our on here somewhere. Perhaps I did a case mod thread, I think. So for now it's kinda open ended since you didn't specify what plug you were using.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

271.jpg
272.jpg

Picked up a brand new seadoo motor today never been run!

What plug did you end up using instead of the oem plug?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/120/877/=rkcee3

Scroll down and to the right PG and Metric. Part# 7381K23 REMEMBER this IS NOT the original size. We could not locate the 18mm tap at the shop. I now have it and would have rather used the OEM plug. I also put an o-ring on it--don't ask we have thousands of o-rings in different diameters and thicknesses and I just grabbed one that fit.

It appears to be a 95 case, look in the RV ports cause I don't see any eyebrows like on the 96+ cases. Take a pic straight on of the ports and post it.

Perhaps an X engine?

Does he have any more ? :)

Hard to tell, it may have been rebuilt at Seadoo??? All 95 787 cases were missing the eyebrows, X or not. So if they bored the cylinders and used OEM 1st overs they would be .25 oversize which is what made a 787X the X over the regular 787. I can do the same thing with my 787 in my 95 and make it an X engine per say but not originally if you know what I mean. But I do happen to now have a set of X cases with a tag ;) and an empty hull that was an X engine ski originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back