The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would add some comedy to the X4 thread since I figure you guys would get the most enjoyment out of it!

Back story.... I'm currently looking for a 3 seater 4 stroke seadoo for my gf to ride. Anyways a friend of mine on fb shared a post from his friend about wanting to sell a 3 seat seadoo. I contact him and he tells me its a 98 GTX RFI. I'm like thanks anyways I want a 4 stroke. He says have fun with that I hate them. I'm like yeah and I hate fuel injected 2 strokes. I owned the exact ski you have and it was a pain in the ass. He's like yeah I work at a marine shop and 4 strokes are expensive to work on. I'm like yeah if I couldn't work on my own ski I wouldn't have one and I then explain I have supercharger tools, pump bearing tools, and candoo at my disposal. He's like oh you should be good then! Anyways we b.s. about seadoos for a bit and then this is where the convo took a drastic turn!

:facepalm:

Wow.... Ya man my 96 XP bone stock runs 70 all day...... Hahahahhahahaha people are hilarious, that's where u bet the guy his title if he can hit 65, then drive home with a new free ski lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe so... Everything I have read said it's unique to that ski only... 95 787

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you put a 96 crank into an X case? I'm wondering if I have one as I just sold an X case, but I don't remember having a PTO that didn't fit any other cranks...

can you put a 96 crank into an X case? I'm wondering if I have one as I just sold an X case, but I don't remember having a PTO that didn't fit any other cranks...

Yes you can but you need to swap the counter balance. Those x cases I got from you had the 95 cb still in it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

that means I should have a 95 PTO laying around somewhere... aren't the threads different or something? how do I tell? I'm pretty sure I sent that crank off as a core... I hope those guys were able to figure that out :confused:

that means I should have a 95 PTO laying around somewhere... aren't the threads different or something? how do I tell? I'm pretty sure I sent that crank off as a core... I hope those guys were able to figure that out :confused:

The 95 has finer threads, other than that they look 100% the same. I took a pic of mine but you can't really see the threads that good.

Is there anything special about the oil lines that go from the oil tank to the left and right side of the motor? I would like to replace mine what have y'all used?

Is there anything special about the oil lines that go from the oil tank to the left and right side of the motor? I would like to replace mine what have y'all used?

Calling [MENTION=59978]kicker[/MENTION]. Tygon tubing available at mcmastercarr.com is oil and fuel resistant and it is yellow, so that is the obvious choice. It is also kind of expensive.

I wonder if there are cheaper alternatives.

The best choice(imo) is to trim the smashed end of the oil hoses and reuse them. Be careful not to over tighten the clamp. Those oem lines are tough. Replacements tend to look pretty at first but turn within a couple years.

The best choice(imo) is to trim the smashed end of the oil hoses and reuse them. Be careful not to over tighten the clamp. Those oem lines are tough. Replacements tend to look pretty at first but turn within a couple years.

X2 I didn't trim the ends on my 96 and low and behold that's where I had a leak. You only need to trim the engine side.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Agreed, these lines are high quality, and expensive to replace. The thick lines are low pressure (just column pressure) and facilitate the lubrication of the rotary shaft. Trimming them is sufficient to stop leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back