The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember I saw the XP when I was like 14, looked it up on the internet and realized even at that young age that this was clearly one of the best skis in the world. Once I got a real job, I searched out my 97 SPX and have loved it ever since. I have 2 X4's now, and someday I'm going to finish that 2nd one with all the mods I have in store for it :) Personally, I think it's the most fun and aesthetically pleasing ski ever built. I wish SeaDoo would build more like this and not their weird alienish designs they're doing now.

I remember I saw the XP when I was like 14, looked it up on the internet and realized even at that young age that this was clearly one of the best skis in the world. Once I got a real job, I searched out my 97 SPX and have loved it ever since. I have 2 X4's now, and someday I'm going to finish that 2nd one with all the mods I have in store for it :) Personally, I think it's the most fun and aesthetically pleasing ski ever built. I wish SeaDoo would build more like this and not their weird alienish designs they're doing now.

I appreciate everyone that has spread the word on my unfortunate part out. I cant believe how fast a lot of this stuff has moved! Did a major price drop on the remaining parts. Hope all had a good weekend!

I remember back in 1996 my parents bought a 96 Spx and a GTI. I thought I was the baddest little kid on the lake with that SPX. Then one day a solid yellow Seadoo came up behind me when I was running wide open and ran me down flying past me. After the first time seeing one in 96 I knew that one day I was going to own one of those yellow xp's. It is truly the best jet ski ever produced(IMO)

I remember back in 1996 my parents bought a 96 Spx and a GTI. I thought I was the baddest little kid on the lake with that SPX. Then one day a solid yellow Seadoo came up behind me when I was running wide open and ran me down flying past me. After the first time seeing one in 96 I knew that one day I was going to own one of those yellow xp's. It is truly the best jet ski ever produced(IMO)

I remember BUYING them in 96. It was smoke or get smoked, and I was tired of getting smoked.

I wanted one so bad in 96. I thought I was the fastest thing out there on my Spx until I was run down by that yellow rocket! I knew one day I would own one, I still think the x4 is the best hull design for a pwc out there. The new hulls just don't do it for me, I love the mid 90's style Seadoo hulls, graphics and overall looks over any other pwc's out there.

Shot you a PM Manlocross.

I know I am going to end up with another one. These PWC's are the most amazing machines on the water. I agree with Adam, the mid 90s, look and feel is where its at and will always be my reference to a true PWC.

Not trying to give away my age, but I remember when they came out with the mule...thought that was the greatest plow engine I ever saw. :lol:

Now I have a 96xp. It doesn't plow the ground very well, but it's a heck of a lot more fun. ;)

Mmmm cookies...... I must have went through 10 different skis before I finally got on a 96 Xp, my buddy's dad had owned one since he bought it new in 96. I thought I loved my ZXI 900, but as soon as I cleared the no wake zone as smashed the gas I learned what love really meant The next day I sold my ZXI to a coworker..... So, I bought my first X4 shortly after and haven't looked back, can't see myself not having atleast one around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can accurately judge that X4's FREAKIN' ROCK!! I feel the same way Bnelson. I love my X4 and never want to get rid of it. Nothing I've ridden before or since quite stacks up. Some are faster, some are steadier, but none are more fun (stock anyway). X4: best bang for the buck

How much fuel line total do I need for my 96 xp. Trying to get everything together for rebuild. Still gotta order crank and counterbalance top end and carb kits

you guys think holding off on junking the Hull is worth it? I dont want another X4 to bite the dust but I really need to clear out all of these parts ASAP.

you guys think holding off on junking the Hull is worth it? I dont want another X4 to bite the dust but I really need to clear out all of these parts ASAP.

I'm in the market for a Hull. I was hoping to find a 98-99 spx Hull but if wanna hold on to it,I'm coming up that way in late July/ August. But otherwise they sell on fleabay for about 200 bucks.

So how do y'all ride your X4's? What does your preferred day at the lake consist of?

Generally I take off from a northern part of West Point lake and drive up into the creeks and "fingers" that make up the northern end, I really enjoy the smooth water that the protected creek areas provide.

Once I have done that for a while I cruise back to the more populated areas near the launch and jump some wakes, or tear around doing slides and 180's etc.

By this time there usually isn't fuel left, or the sun is going down so I pack it up!

What I would really like to do is a ride like this, this is somewhat like the riding I talk about in part one, but much narrower.

[video=youtube;6AiP_9SZ-Cw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AiP_9SZ-Cw&list=UUzOnIOhtwRwxaH_NaEzURcg[/video]

That video is a good representation of how I have ridden my X4's. When I was first setting my account up I almost used the name "creek screamer" Now I mod mine as many of you know and those tight creeks were the initial reason. I put sponsons on mine and my buddies 94XP's when we first crossed over from dirt bikes.
We used to rub and pass each other routinely in those little creeks. We are a little older and wiser now then that. But anyway with the sponsons I can turn anywhere anytime. I also learned to shove my ski sideways for a quick emergency stop. My friend just bought himself a Go-Pro so I will probably get some video of these rides sometime. These days we tend to enjoy the corners and I usually don't even get wet. I found my 61mph X4 a little less suited for this riding. I might put a shorter pitched impeller in it next time because it is a lot of 30 mph cruising with bursts of 50ish mph straights.

So I thought with me being so at home on a racing style X4 I would try my hand at racing last year. I did OK even with the unfamiliar to me waves. The real limiting factor was the conditioning. It gets hard to even hang onto the bars two laps into a 6 lap race. Now rounds one and two of the National tour are coming to my area in one month so I'm gonna try it again. I should be setting up buoys and running them till I can't anymore but I just keep working on saving and improving more Seadoos.

This thread has 2600+ posts and 189k views!

Its also the reason why I am looking at another X4 tomorrow morning. I Finally found my 99 SPX, I have bean looking for a long time. I wanted a mint or close to mint, no faded rub rails, chalky handlebar cover etc. It will be my keeper and the one that I only ride. Hopefully it is what I expect, the guy says it only has 65 hrs, from the pictures it looks about right. Apparently it sat in storage for 9 years.

Hey Dan, looks like another one from Anchor Marine. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back