RESTO Rosie's Rebuild and More!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes stinger to waterbox.
the stock is 3 inches, i need about 8.
Racer , i cant move it forward as it would put the outlet exhaust hose in a bind.

Just cut a new hole in the side of the deck for the outlet and call it a day.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

LOL, I'll measure the diameter when I get home. Light work day today. Should be home around lunch. Gotta put in a few hours, LOL.

I want to say mine has a part number and diameter on the hose. I'll check it out in a bit and see

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

LOL, I'll measure the diameter when I get home. Light work day today. Should be home around lunch. Gotta put in a few hours, LOL.

[MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION], you would'nt have ended up getting that diameter would you ?

[MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION], you would'nt have ended up getting that diameter would you ?

The one on my 98 is 2", so it could be 1-7/8"

I know the ones from a 96sih GTI are like 7 or 8" long. Ask tonka if he has one. I know, you don't want to wait.

The one on my 98 is 2", so it could be 1-7/8"

I know the ones from a 96sih GTI are like 7 or 8" long. Ask tonka if he has one. I know, you don't want to wait.

I bought a one foot section of 1' 7/8". Personally i think the TRD box has an oversize inlet of at least 2 inches, but we will see . Can always return it!:)

The inlet on my stock water box is 2", not including the flare at the end.

Should be good to go. Taking it apart, there is where you might have issues. That warmth will seal the deal.

Hell with it, I hope it does seal to the point of an unremovable bond. One less spot to worry about an exhaust leak:D

Crossing my mind also , is does anyone see any benefit of hard jetting the WB? Im thinking if the TDR is too loud i might throw some just enough water at it to quiet it down without loosing rpm.

Just checking in with the build!
Motor went from this :

To this:!

So excited to get this thing going, Still have the carbs and pump to go through. Swirl 16/23 is what im thinking right now!

I was just curious since you have tdr waterbox. And buckshot head. Pipe and carbs are the missing link in your chain.

I'm not sure. I will be running a Westcoast head 43cc domes Novi 46mm and factory pipe spec 2 mt Rev limiter with water control 97 spx waterbox r&d nozzle

I actually wanted a 97spx box but couldn't find one :/. Your setup sounds like it will be mean for sure!

We will see how the TDR does as far with rpm and annoyance. If I find it annoying I'm gonna throw water at it and try to tone it down without loosing rpm.

I'm running the tdr on my 96 xp. It's not too loud but you can definitely hear it lol
Are you running aftermarket sponsons?

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back