RESTO Double trouble: 97 & 98 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just a piece of cut material. You can go to any marine upholstery place and buy the material cheaper. Plus you can order custom stuff for $16-$30 a yard. If you want a basic yellow or black, go to Joanne fabrics with a 50% off coupon an get marine grade vinyl. It will cost you about $20 for a yard and a half

I appreciate it guys I'll check em out

Did a quick cleaning of the hull on the 97 with some purple power and got it decent, definitely room for improvement. Also wiped down the 787 to prep for painting. Even got my 9 month pregnant wife to help shine her up lol

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

The top end, as I'm sure you noticed, has a darker tinge to it. Seems like it's just faded, who knows.

Onward and upward.... still gotta rebuild the pump, replace fuel lines, convert to premix, square the carbs away, clean up the exhaust, paint everything, seat and turf, solve world hunger, bring peace to the middle east, etc etc

It must of had a clogged water line or bad water regulator(like your XPL) and gotten warm at some point. I'd prime it it in zinc primer and then paint it thick in your color of choice. I'd buy a clear coat in the same brand as the color and hit it hard before the color coat dries. Paint experts may disagree and I'm all ears but this is the way I've kept it from looking foggy.

Gonna check the local spots for the zinc primer and a color that my wife will like tomorrow, 4 day weekend what-what! Got everything taped off tonight.

Side note, USPS is taking over 2 weeks so far to deliver the pump I ordered for the SPX. Really need to get her listed on CL, baby is due in 2 weeks and I'm anticipating major time away from the garage.

Oh well, onward and upward....

Why are you going to run premix? It is just going to cost more and be a hassle. Just put new oil lines on and call it good.

Having a new baby I'm actually kind of surprised your adding two new skis. These will probably sit for at least five years before you use them. Lol

Having a new baby I'm actually kind of surprised your adding two new skis. These will probably sit for at least five years before you use them. Lol

I bought my two when my son was a whole 2 weeks old :)

There is no bad time to add to the fleet

Great progress so far! Bilge looks good

Couldn't pass up the deal, I enjoy the hobby more than the actual riding to be honest lol. But I have family visiting constantly down from SC during the summers here in florida, so gives them some fun also.

JSG you're right, and I'm honestly on the fence about it. I guess I just like the security of knowing I'm not running lean, because this one is gonna be the loaner/wife ski and whoever is riding may not pick up on something wrong until things break. I know the oil injection is pretty rock solid though, so maybe I won't.

99.99% of the time the oil pumps on these do not cause a problem. The problem is always cracked oil lines, the wrong oil and the carbs getting crap in them. The carbs cause the engines to run lean not the oil pump.

Also run to walmart and get some Super Clean, it is much stronger than Purple Power but wear gloves because it will make the skin on your hands peel.

I was thinking the same thing but wasn't going to say it. However, my boys are 5 and 7 now and they go out riding with me and love jet skis.Cleaning.jpg

I premix, only because I was suspect of my oil pump when replacing my engine. They are very reliable, but I do like the peace of mind in premix.
You can still run lean premixing if your carbs have any issues at all.

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Pulled the pump on the 97. Too easy, guy didn't use any type of seal or silicone. This thing is in rough shape

273.jpg

Put a neoprene seal back in there, that's what should be there. Look to make sure the rubber washers are there for the bailers and the water inlet.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back