RESTO Double trouble: 97 & 98 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha gotcha yeah it's turning over with plugs out, nothing after I put em back in. I'll check connections

99.jpg

........ Well that's disappointing

I primed it, thought that would be enough. Should've stated it needed silver on the can before I went and did 3 coats hoping it would start to work

Lowes sells a high temp silver wheel paint that ive used it has alot of metal flake in it which is needed

Well good news is I finally installed the 951 (an sbt that I had no idea if it even worked after sitting for 2+years), connected all the electronics and she turned over like a champ! So I began to install the carb when I ran into a problem, the throttle cable didn't seem to have a bracket? I see one for the oil pump, am I missing something?

156.jpg

Yeah the right bracket has a mount for each cable. I'd be happy to give you one off an old set of carbs if you drive over. I have some of your alignment parts to return also. I'll be there trying to get the transfer case back in my Range Rover or I'd come to you.

Well the plan was to get this one as squared away as I could then load them back onto the trailer and head over a day that you were open and get them all the way green. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to see that I'm missing more and more parts that will keep from having the 98 close to turn key ready, like exhaust manifold bolts... Little things like that. I may just have to make a list of what I see I need, see if you have them, and make the drive over this weekend with some cash before I go hauling the skis over.

On my 951 XP. The throttle cable splits under the oil tank and one leg goes directly to the oil pump and the other goes directly to the carb so it isn't like the smaller engines with a separate cable that connects the carb to the oil pump. Mine is an 01' so I am not sure if the 98' was different.

Yeah I read about the split cable, unfortunately mine isn't. I had to buy these carbs seperate so I'm assuming it's from a newer model, hence the split bracket

Funny how that 98' had so many different parts, like the rear carrier instead of the carbon seal.

One step forward, two steps back. Exhaust chamber refuses to attach to bracket. The cylinder wall keeps the exhaust from mating up exactly to the bracket. Was a second away from grinding the damn thing down last night I was so frustrated.

If that is the case you have something out of alignment. Probably the big clamp. Everything should be assembled loose and bolts set by hand before anything starts to be tightened.

+2 on that. Loosen the clamp and get a little twist on those 2 halves and it will all come together.

On a seadoo role baby! Figured out the bolt i was using had a jagged edge, not allowing it to go into stinger lol got it attached, pipe is on next with the nifty little wrench i got off Amazon. Alignment, jet pump, cosmetics and this baby *should* be ready to go

I'll have to take the 97 to Matt to figure out electrical problem. I've tried it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back