RESTO Double trouble: 97 & 98 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I take someone's name that already on here can I change it I feel bad it said it wasn't takin when I signed up

We have a [MENTION=31048]LouDoo[/MENTION] who is a monitor as well. Normally not an issue. We may want to keep an eye on this one a bit as it could cause confusions with members, especially newer members.

I sucked on the pulse line to check if it was leaking and it seemed pretty sealed up. Diaphragm looks good, i think before i replaced the two inner pulse valves (i did them after the initial rebuild because i was lazy and couldnt find needle nose pliers) that maybe it cause a little overflow and when i took off the pump it may have leaked through when the seal was broken?

Idk but for now I'm at a halt until i can get a better battery, my cheapo walmart one is finally dying and is not turning over the motor without some serious coaxing. Any cheap gel batteries out there you guys prefer?

The one from advance is not bad if you buy online and use the $30 off $100 coupon. Comes to about $65 after tax and free local pickup. Make sure you check the year on it though since they almost always have a few older ones on the shelf

Wouldn't happen to have a link would you? I get lost in the 285 cold cranking amps but only 18amps an hour compared to 270 cca but 19 amps/hr jargon.

Just picked up another set of carbs. Guy is gonna rebuild, ultrasonic clean, pop off set and tuned to my year model for 125 shipped. Just trying to save myself the ass pain and get this ski on the water before I deploy again in May. Worth it

Yeah I'm either getting a cheap after market kit and a good tune up or the guy is using oem and basically doing a tune up for 25 bucks which I doubt since that's most of the shipping cost by itself. Ill check it out when they arrive and can always replace the faulty Chinese a/m stuff with the kit from these carbs I have.

I would just ask him what he is using.
Dome here like Dr. Honda only replace the parts that are needed instead of charging for all new parts that might not be necessary.

https://vimeo.com/160553174

....It's ALIVE. the new carbs were spotless and sold my old carbs to cover most the cost. Seems to have fixed my problem, a lot of smoke from fogging oil and added some oil down each carb as added precaution. Idled really low but that's an easy fix. A year and 3 months after purchase and she's running boys lol

43.jpg

Figured out the seat and hit the top hull with a quick buff while I was out there. still has bad fading where the decals were and has water lines in the foot wells but not in the mood to wet sand right now.

Gotta get a T-fitting for the premix rv bath and she's done.

Put it completely back together, new battery installed and charged...hadn't started it since before I deployed so figured I'd let her purr for a second...

Clunk. Either a bad ground or this brand new agm battery isn't good. Only turns over with plugs out. Doubt that battery is bad so now I gotta find the weak link....ugh why can't anything go as planned

For some reason the 97's seem especially susceptible to this condition. It is typically bad cables or dirty connections.

He was saying if your crank seals are bad it can cause the rotary oil to leak into the crankcase and hydro-lock the engine so it will not crank over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back