Challenger extended ride plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you peruse the few pages just in this thread, you will find that the extended ride plate eliminates the porpoising issue that most of these boats have. Well worth the small investment. The trade off is that some people experience a drop in their top speed by 1-2 mph. Truly a small price to pay for ride stability.

Sounds Good

I think if you peruse the few pages just in this thread, you will find that the extended ride plate eliminates the porpoising issue that most of these boats have. Well worth the small investment. The trade off is that some people experience a drop in their top speed by 1-2 mph. Truly a small price to pay for ride stability.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will make the investment. As I'm in the islands I'm primarily in the ocean so this will help tremendously

Since I got mine so late in the season, I only got limited time with it. But in that one outing, the difference was very noticeable. The bow was much more stable with two people in the boat.

As far as loss of speed, you may only see that in glassy conditions. As with a small chop, that would normally send the bow in the air, bringing it down allowed the boat to slice waves and keep more forward momentum.

The trade off is very minimal and worth every bit of it. Keep in mind, I got a short plate as well due to my Cobra Fins. Others experience may be more dramatic.

Good luck!

I did not think the demand was there. I would like to get a count on how many people want an extended ride plate. The reason I stoped making them was, because the guy at the shop was not timely . He would say they would be done in two days which turned out to be three to five weeks. I do not like to operate that way. Let see what happens.

Aquaman,

I am interested in a stainless steel version as well. I had sent you a pm but not sure if you received it.

Thank you

So far these are the members who want the extended ride plates:

Babbamonly1
Garrychuck
Mick76
Retichman
DomsX20.
Uhelshij

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from the shop where I have them made. The extended ride plates should de done by April 30th. For those who wanted one please PM me your email and the shipping address. I will keep everyone posted of any changes.

The extended ride plates are done. They look great! I will be sending out PayPal request shortly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
Such a simple solution to a common problem, very nice work!

You still need a logo cut to stick on the top of each of these!

I got a chance to run the river yesterday afternoon with mine, what a difference.

I installed my plate last fall, but only had one run across the lake. Yesterday, we ran miles up and down the river chasing catfish, and the boat handled great! No bouncing, and it tracked true.

I always thought it seemed odd, that even on a glassy river, we would not be able to keep the bow down. Now it just runs flat and fast! Great work! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back