Challenger extended ride plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that have replaced the plate with the extended one.... how many threads are showing from the nut to the drive unit?....... Ive got about 5 showing... just trying to do this once and not take it in and out with adjustments....

I have tried a number of different settings, mostly in efforts to help with torque steer, but I have also played around with straight adjustments to get up on plane quickly. And I found you almost don't need any adjustment at all... the highest setting (no threads showing), seems to do the job for eliminating porpoising! And this setting will have the least impact on top speed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaman,

Got mine last last Friday. It took me about 20 minutes to swap out. I measured approx. 2 1\2" from bottom bolt of steering nozzle to bottom of the new ride plate (with 2 threads showing). Hopefully will be able to take it out some time in the next couple of weeks to try out.

Thank you very much.

Aquaman1 thanks the ride plate works great. It made a significant improvement. I have a question though. The boat now pulls to the left, pretty hard. Obviously I need to adjust the plate, my question though is which side should I raise or which side should I lower?

Aquaman1, Well I finally got the ride plate installed and it resolves the porpoising issue. Great product. Well worth the $. I also unhooked that pesky throttle steering assist. Thanks again for your help with this issue!:thumbsup::cheers:

Aquaman1 thanks the ride plate works great. It made a significant improvement. I have a question though. The boat now pulls to the left, pretty hard. Obviously I need to adjust the plate, my question though is which side should I raise or which side should I lower?
If you go back to post #11 that might help you out..

Thanks but its posts 11 and 12. In post 11 you were adjusting a different side from post 12 ;)

I think that really means you may have to experiment with the settings then. Yes, it would be PITA, but worth it in the end.

Logic would lend me to believe that the lower side would drag and possibly pull to that side. Then again, the lower side could push it in the opposite direction. So logic is not working for me. If you do experiment, please share the results, as others will benefit from your work.

I personally have not noticed any pulling to the right or left, so maybe I was lucky.

Although, the girls seemed to have noticed less spray. Is this possible? I think they were just too excited about tubing in this cold weather we have been having.

All I know is if anyone is considering this mod, just DO IT! You will not regret it. Even my 13 year old noticed the difference with her and I running across the lake. We used to have to play with the throttle when there was just two of us in the boat. Now it's stable at all speeds. And it gets on plane quicker for sure!

NICE WORK!

Aquaman,

Finally had a chance to go out on the lake this weekend. Absolutley no porposing at all. Had the Challenger up to 52 mph and took the hands of the wheel and the old girl ran straight with no pull to the left or right. I had the father-in -law and my my 5 year old with me. The father in law has a 200? Sugar sand with a 175 merc and I think he may want one of these as well.

I need to get a full load of people yet on the boat to get a true test but very nice cheap and easy fix.

Awesome job Aquaman:thumbsup:

I think that really means you may have to experiment with the settings then. Yes, it would be PITA, but worth it in the end.

Logic would lend me to believe that the lower side would drag and possibly pull to that side. Then again, the lower side could push it in the opposite direction. So logic is not working for me. If you do experiment, please share the results, as others will benefit from your work.

I personally have not noticed any pulling to the right or left, so maybe I was lucky.

Although, the girls seemed to have noticed less spray. Is this possible? I think they were just too excited about tubing in this cold weather we have been having.

All I know is if anyone is considering this mod, just DO IT! You will not regret it. Even my 13 year old noticed the difference with her and I running across the lake. We used to have to play with the throttle when there was just two of us in the boat. Now it's stable at all speeds. And it gets on plane quicker for sure!

NICE WORK!

It works great now. Basically lower the side to which you have to steer to keep the boat straight. If the boat pulls to the right and you steer to the left (port) to get it to go straight then lower the left (port) side of the plate. If it pulls to the left and you steer to the right to get it to go straight lower the right side of the plate (as I had to do).

Yes I will be making some more. It is more costly to just make one therefore if you could wait a week or so to see if anyone else wants one would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes I will be making some more. It is more costly to just make one therefore if you could wait a week or so to see if anyone else wants one would be appreciated. Thanks

No problem and I appreciate it. I'll check back in a week or so to see the status. Thanks again!

Post 11 and 12 contradict each other. Anyone know which way to actually go. Mine pulls hard to the right.
I noticed that too (see my post 161), but if you read it closely post 11 was his plan while post 12 was what he actually did. In any event, if it pulls to the right lower the left side (post 167).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back