The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice 97 spx, you know if you left without it he was going to sell it to the next guy as a running machine for more. Nice clean up too by the way. I have used the meguires restore method on the hood plenty of times. I actually have to do it soon to a 95 xp hood.

LOL, that seat cover looks like a cheap dollar store poncho. C'mon you can see the resemblance, right. Looks so much better WV after the restretch.

571.jpg

Priceless lol....

The water valve on top of exhaust pipe is leaking water into seadoo so I took it apart but everything looks fine is it just worn out?

More than likely the bellow has a pin hole in it or is leaking at the base. Roll the bellow to see if you can find it. Also make sure the lower clamp is there and holding tight, some guys use a cable tie instead of the metal clamp on the bottom.

Pic courtesy of [MENTION=31048]LouDoo[/MENTION]

attachment.php

I used a spot fill auto body filler you can get a small tube of pre mixed at any parts store. its sands nice and is waterproof. I also sanded the grip texture smooth and used the pre glued hydro turf. here is a pic you can see the red bondo fills and levels nice IMG_20140227_102625.jpg

I rode my X4 for over 40 miles yesterday. Couldn't believe the range!! Kept the throttle at around 50%, had the raves closed half the time. Not sure what RPMs as I don't have a tach yet. It was just me and a small box of tools. Trim mostly level or slightly down. What's everyone else getting? Anyone ever do any sort of metrics on their X4?

DR...are those tabs plastic? I think they are beachhouse if they are.

Oh and on the manual trim...check out the left side of the bars in this pic:

Hard to see the yellow, but i think they both look good. I'd go with yellow because white will show dirt.

Hey guys quick question. When reinstalling my motor on my 96xp I didn't put the rubber plug/spacer on the end of the driveshaft on the Pto side. Is there anyway I can get that in there without completely removing the pump. I know this pump will give me a hard time coming off with the amount of silicone on it

Alright I will have to suck it up and get it over with. What about when I put the pump back on what kinda sealant should I use?

You only put sealant around the bailer fittings and the water inlet nipple on the pump. The face of the pump you should use a neoprene seal which will make removal easier. Neo seal is part# 293200024. As for sealing the bailers and inlet I use permatex ultra black.

Yea, I always stock up on those neoprene seals when I buy stuff from SBT. That and gaskets. They're cheap and prevent me from stalling on things I know I need to do.

One thing worth mentioning about the yellow camo, the yellow on the mats is more of a gold then the bright seadoo yellow, so it does clash slightly but not too terrible

Sent from Cody's iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back