The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skewba,
Yep intense especially if the wind is from the North or east, it can be a rough ride across the bay to crab Island.
I usually put in at cinco bayou so I have a bit more open water, I have turned back more than once even on the RXT. (maybe I am a wimp).
The ride to Panama City sounds fun, we took a 22ft I/O about half way on a calm day.
Expect a rough ride through the pass at Destin to the Gulf.
I have wanted to take an x4 out to jump the surf for some time. Never seem to be able to hook up with others to go, currently I am on the no ride no fun after the 951 tossed me at 60ish...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

We are just going to have to see how it is when we get down there. This is all new to us. All three of us going have been reading all we can on it so we are prepared. We have plenty of salt treatment products and all the 4-tecs we are bringing will have Groco Strainers on the intercooler intake and bilge pumps installed. I just hope that ramp at the quality inn is useable. Looks a little sketchy from google earth. There are several ramps close though incase we can't use it. If the weather is bad we will just drink beer and eat all the seafood we can handle! We saw the Destin to Panama City trip on pwctrailfinder so that gave us the idea. Is the intercoastal from the bay to Panama sketchy? Looks like it will be about a 30 mile ride across the bay west to east to get to it.

We are trying to avoid being the idiots from KY that comes down on a holiday weekend and does something stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
You better not jet across this bay without stopping in here for a beer. You gotta check out my little lake via a proper X4. You would be fine going that route(intercoastal), that is the "ditch" I was talking about.

There is actually a great Seafood place here by my house called Nick's. Just in case you want lunch with that beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skewba, I will stop by Bayside and check out the ramp, send a couple pics, it's about a mile from my office.

Lots of great places to ride and a number of ramps for access to the sound, bayous and rivers. And of course Matts lake is def cool!

Being a northerner, raised on the rivers and lakes of ohio/ky/in, I was surprised how "easy" the Bay develops 1+ foot chop and how much it sucks after only 15-20 minutes of trying to plow through it. Hopefully you guys will have some calm days to enjoy the Bay.

Sounds like you are on top of researching things so you've probably found the counties, okaloosa and walton have sites along with Florida Boat ramp finder site to facilitate locating ramps.

If you haven't i would also suggest looking at Marine navigation maps to get a feel for water depth... a number of opportunities to suck up sand a distance from the beach.

And worse case there are a number of places to catch a brew or two!

Skewba, I will stop by Bayside and check out the ramp, send a couple pics, it's about a mile from my office.

Lots of great places to ride and a number of ramps for access to the sound, bayous and rivers. And of course Matts lake is def cool!

Being a northerner, raised on the rivers and lakes of ohio/ky/in, I was surprised how "easy" the Bay develops 1+ foot chop and how much it sucks after only 15-20 minutes of trying to plow through it. Hopefully you guys will have some calm days to enjoy the Bay.

Sounds like you are on top of researching things so you've probably found the counties, okaloosa and walton have sites along with Florida Boat ramp finder site to facilitate locating ramps.

If you haven't i would also suggest looking at Marine navigation maps to get a feel for water depth... a number of opportunities to suck up sand a distance from the beach.

And worse case there are a number of places to catch a brew or two!

Dude that would be awesome!! If the ramp is sketchy there is always that Liza Jackson park that's real close. We all got Navionics for our phones and have been studying the water levels and channels. I have suggested riding to Pensacola through the Santa Rosa Sound one day instead of Panama City. Looks like it would be a sweet ride and there are several islands we can stop at on the way to chill. Its basically just going to depend on the weather more that anything when we get there.

Dude that would be awesome!! If the ramp is sketchy there is always that Liza Jackson park that's real close. We all got Navionics for our phones and have been studying the water levels and channels. I have suggested riding to Pensacola through the Santa Rosa Sound one day instead of Panama City. Looks like it would be a sweet ride and there are several islands we can stop at on the way to chill. Its basically just going to depend on the weather more that anything when we get there.

Yep nice ride to pcola. We usually take a break in Navarre, about half way.
Check out Fort Pickens, end of the island. Historic stuff to see.
And Fort Mcree, only accessible by boat, on the west side of pcola pass. Nothing much really left of mcree but usually a lot of people hanging out or camping on the Islands.

While taking photos at the quality inn's ramp noticed ramp's incline looked funny very shallow. Spoke to desk clerk, ramp was washed out by storm and is closed until it can be repaired.
As you mentioned Liza Jackson is very close. think it's 5 bucks to launch there.

Well the guy just drove away with the minty 951XP. I did not even ever tell anyone I would sell it. Gary13 and I have made a right proper ski out of an already clean one with the 951 installed. This guy came and rode it and asked how much. I messed up and spit out a figure and he just handed over a bag of hundos. At least it will be out there every weekend looking like a stock 96XP but bullying 4-strokes.

Attachments

• photo(66).JPG
    photo(66).JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 75
Well the guy just drove away with the minty 951XP. I did not even ever tell anyone I would sell it. Gary13 and I have made a right proper ski out of an already clean one with the 951 installed. This guy came and rode it and asked how much. I messed up and spit out a figure and he just handed over a bag of hundos. At least it will be out there every weekend looking like a stock 96XP but bullying 4-strokes.

Start high then wok down...........

Damm nice looking ski. That clears up some space for more projects.
:rolleyes:

Damm nice looking ski. That clears up some space for more projects.
:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I know bud.....old broken race skis wanted.

While taking photos at the quality inn's ramp noticed ramp's incline looked funny very shallow. Spoke to desk clerk, ramp was washed out by storm and is closed until it can be repaired.
As you mentioned Liza Jackson is very close. think it's 5 bucks to launch there.

Ah o.k. On the phone they mentioned it being washed up, but probably useable. I appreciate you going over there to check it out.

Matt that Nick's seafood looks like a good stop!

more pics added

What are you looking to get out of it? It is non running right now right. So maybe $500ish cash since ebay and paypal are going to man handle you with those fees. The x motor is just bored 1 over so technicaly anyone who has ever bored their 787 has an x motor. The only thing I think is special is the yellow single gauge hood and the hump seat. I am sure someone on here would buy it for around that price and fix it up. It would be a shame for someone to part that out.

What are you looking to get out of it? It is non running right now right. So maybe $500ish cash since ebay and paypal are going to man handle you with those fees. The x motor is just bored 1 over so technicaly anyone who has ever bored their 787 has an x motor. The only thing I think is special is the yellow single gauge hood and the hump seat. I am sure someone on here would buy it for around that price and fix it up. It would be a shame for someone to part that out.
Its not being parted out it sells as a whole sure you can bore your motor but you have to be one of the lucky 500 to pull that seat and show what you have ,It will bring more than 500 in parts and thats what I will do if it does not get paid for this time or has decent bids by wensday seat $300 hood and gauge $200 motor complete and running after about $200 spent $1200 electrical box front $250 rear $100 hull $150 pump $250 etc so you folks better get up and bid it was a steal at the last 600 that never got paid , and ebay has allready been paid so I have nothing to lose

Just figured one of the guys on the forum would love to restore it, and since you were going to sell it back in march for $450 I thought you would like to get some cash for that kid you bought it from. That way you would make a couple people happy and make this a very positive story.

I tried to give it back to the kid, he wanted nothing to do with it so I gave him another $500 back in june , I have put some money and effort in cleaning it up since then, I would love for someone on here to be the high bidder.Then we will all be happy:)

My big GTS cruiser is currently apart for some RV repairs, so the X4 was my cruiser this weekend. I think it'll be at least a week before my arms are back to normal after riding me and a passenger on it all weekend. I've come to embrace the soreness, as it's a reminder of a REALLY good time :)

I think I set a record for catching air on a lake this weekend (riding solo) when I hit this wave just right, from one of those boats where the guy surfs behind it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back