Please need help !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL ...My canal doesn't have much ice on it as it's spring fed.
I'm sure Bill wouldn't mind if the hull breaks up the thin ice. :)

jet-ski-in-the-hot-tub.jpg

oh come on, no excuses lol

great work!! can't wait to see it all together. very cool of you guys to go out of your way to help a new guy!!

He is helping us out too. He is fixing a hood for us and painting it and some other parts. I will for sure post pictures of that on our 951 build.

Well I can answer that one ...Matt is a amazing seadoo mechanic but ..... He really needs help in his paint department .lol .. So that is where I come in at ... :-) for all the hard work he has done on my boat it is the least I can do for him ...

[video=youtube;YiLliME_c18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=YiLliME_c18[/video]

Now there is a seadoo in a kiddie pool

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not photoshop. We had the blaster on the stand headed to the other side of the yard and it was the same height as the pool so we said what the hell. My son got a kick out of it.

Jsg sorry for not finding a picture for you of the flaps and stuff. I typically just pop on google images until I find it. The goal is if water sprayed out of the manifold/pipe seam that it would be deflected down and away from the tubes.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The bump rails were in rough shape. I guess they were twisted and very badly out of shape. Bill was able to get them warmed up and he straightened them out and screwed them to a 2x4 to hold the shape.

148.jpg

149.jpg

Now that they are straight, the next step would be to let them sit out in the sun so we can have the rails conform to the hull. Well it was 2am and 0 degrees outside. Time to improvise. We have a reznor heater in the shop. We brought in a stake truck with a salt vbox on it and rested the rails about 2 ft from the heater.

150.jpg

It worked great, we unscrewed them from the board and installed them right away, the bump rails were very flexible and were great to work with.

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

They turned out great

154.jpg

Just need to clean them up with some acetone.

I am wiping the rub rails not the paint. Also it would be fine. The paint is cured at this point. I am still being careful though

Might be time to invest in an air riveter,,,, I have a manual one as well and I hate the dam thing but it only comes up once every 6-8 months for me, so I just deal with it.

Just got back from the shop, almost 3 hours of trying to get the middle part of the rub rail in. It took alot of muscle to get those back in. I first washed them to make sure all debris was gone so it did not bind up, then I lubed the track with dish soap. One side went in ok but the other was a pain. But it looks great. I think just because they were all cold it caused the outer rail to shrink a little plus the middle part was a bit twisted as well.

187.jpg

188.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

191.jpg

I definately did not expect that to take that long. I hope I do not have to do that again soon lol.

Next on the list is the seat cover. That will probably get done Sunday. We have to buy some stainless steel staples. I think you guys will like the seat. He had a custom one made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that it's done, can we get some full ski money shot pics? All the ones posted are close up. I'd like to see the full profile of it to see how it all ties together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back