RESTO My Carbon Fiber X4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my trim tabs are home made normal ones are too thick on this aftermarket hull.

It liked this pump and nozzle set better. I also advanced the timing another degree and enlarged the stinger jet from 160 to 182.5. Now it revs up to it's potential every time, unfortunately it's potential seems to be 7K ish. The rpm reding seems to jump around a little so I'm going to bring a TTO next time to check against the Hot Tach and make sure I'm getting an accurate read.

It's now a great running ski but I seem to have leaky needle and seats because the restarts are not instant as they should be. I checked compression and it's low so I'm gonna work on the top end sometime. I used it because I liked the cylinder porting but it was a little more tired then I thought.

I'm gonna try a couple more things before this weekend's ride to pick some more speed up but it's getting respectable

What is yours set up for hit 60mph? Gas pump? Can you use WOT long time?

Yes there are no restrictions or I would have kept tuning on it. I hit 61.5mph with a Solas XO and R&D 85/88 nozzles. I'd have to read back through this thread to remember any other specifics.

Okay thank! I see than you had play with hard jet!
I got a gain rpm with stinger jet!
Because waterbox need water for create more backpressure like RAVE wsterbox.....anyway i tryed fp spec and spec2 and my total point water been 110mid/60stinger/140waterbox.=310.....
Rossier good way..
105 mid/200stinger= 305

My old setting wrong way RE
90mid/160stinger=250(wrong)
Less backpressure

hey Matt.. we were playing with our 787 HX Rossier 46mm bucks and had a rear hose failure. Junior bypassed WB to get to lake ( yes obnoxiously loud) side affect was bottom end became violent . makes me wonder if a Jetworks valve to keep idle speed water flow off ( at stinger) might be a trick to help motor not have to push out water from WB .

hey Matt.. we were playing with our 787 HX Rossier 46mm bucks and had a rear hose failure. Junior bypassed WB to get to lake ( yes obnoxiously loud) side affect was bottom end became violent . makes me wonder if a Jetworks valve to keep idle speed water flow off ( at stinger) might be a trick to help motor not have to push out water from WB .
yes jetwork keep idles water flow off
..the rossier pipe with 90 mid pipe ,Was not a good bottom end and mid range...
The best is 110/115 mid pipe....The new rossier had a 120mid pipe

Interesting. Will have to check this old girls settings. Built it 20 yrs ago. Btw One of guys on FB I have been helping 951 x4 build just got his hood done. Nice work Nick.
41.jpg
42.jpg

I got some work and some riding done over this long weekend. Check out this custom anodizing job on these billet parts! I finally got them on the ski.

While exploring a new river we went up a spot where the ugly clay colored water turned crystal clear. There was a huge spring hiding up there and it was like 30 ft deep!

Took this for a ride since I removed the aftermarket rev limiter/timing adjuster and reprogrammed the timing curve and rev limit with my new programmer. It was running hot on the egt's but I was able to stay out of the throttle and burn a tank out of it.

So I backed off the timing some and put this small hub Skat Trak magnum pump on with a fresh Solas X1. Notice the single diameter aftermarket drive shaft. I also did some more cooling lines in the orange air compressor line because that is holding up well, added a Jetworks flow control valve to the stinger so the waterbox does not fill up in no wake zones and she's always ready to rip. I took it for a spin and it felt great and temps were staying down.

Attachments

• IMG_7738.JPG
    IMG_7738.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7740.JPG
    IMG_7740.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7739.JPG
    IMG_7739.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.