RESTO My Big Red Racing Carbon Fiber GSX Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to it.

I got some red and black wire covering today and went at the inside. Got my spark plug caddy, whistle, tow rope, inflatable phone cover and collapsible paddle loaded. I tilted the bars back for a more relaxed riding position.

I'm gonna add a couple more little things and then call it finished. I would like to jet a custom Jettrim seat and splashguard sometime in the future.

Attachments

• photo 3(5).JPG
    photo 3(5).JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 53
  • photo 2(12).JPG
    photo 2(12).JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 50
  • photo 1(11).JPG
    photo 1(11).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 44
i'll bring the camera and the go pro Sunday, we'll get y'all some pic's

Just got back safe from the ride. It was a ton of driving but worth it. I burned through my exhaust coupler between the pipe and waterbox during the second ride and turned back mid way. I had to open the seat a little to keep it on plane by the time I got back to the dock.
This ski and my XP kept up OK at cruising speed but were a little bit limited by range. I have a 15 gallon tank in the GSX and a 12.5 gallon one in the XP. However with the performance pipes and carbs they drink pre-mix quick.

Spims skis were nice. Not too big and very clean. The Yamaha's speed gave him the manuverability to move around the pack and take lots of pics. The Honda looks brand new, goes 64mph and just sips on gas. Those machines did a fine job exploring a lot of river in a hurry.

I've heard a lot of good things about those honda skis.(also been smoked by a few on the big end on the lake haha)

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

dam shame I didn't have a coupler in my box of goodies.... would have come in handy !

just checked google earth, we were approx 3.5 miles short of hitting the gulf when we had to turn around for fuel, but if I do the Suwanee run again, i'll going to pack gas so we can make it next time !

Loved the big red machine, just gorgeous! and the zebra ski... i'll post some pic's in the next day or two, been awake for 18 hours, time to crash...

153.jpg

154.jpg

I think Spim's Yami is fastest, followed by his buddy's brand new Doo, then the Honda, then my little 787's. I'm about 3mph under the Honda.

What model new doo did y'all have out there? Also how was the 787 acceleration compared to the 4 strokes?

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

I'm pretty sure I can hang with anybody to 60ish. That just isn't that much today in a world of huge 15K+ skis that have 5 to 20 more.

The New one was a RXP with only 30hrs. It makes tons of spray in every direction but sounds like a Corvette.

I'm pretty sure I can hang with anybody to 60ish. That just isn't that much today in a world of huge 15K+ skis that have 5 to 20 more.

The New one was a RXP with only 30hrs. It makes tons of spray in every direction but sounds like a Corvette.

ya, that dam rxp, i try to stay a good distance away from it, it makes a TON of wake, splashes water everywhere ! he's still bone stock so i think it tops out around 65-66, he mentioned 68 but I think thats on the speedo not gps.

good thing u kept the rxx underwraps or you woulda ruined spim's day :)

My RXX with the single pipe runs 63-64 and I'm not sure about the other one. I have been breaking the motor in and I'm still afraid to pin it and clock it. It would not be near 70 but probably would hang with that new RXP. I don't have it registered and knew I would have been tempted to push it.

My RXX with the single pipe runs 63-64 and I'm not sure about the other one. I have been breaking the motor in and I'm still afraid to pin it and clock it. It would not be near 70 but probably would hang with that new RXP. I don't have it registered and knew I would have been tempted to push it.

ya, my guess is the rxx , or even the 2 strokes probably have me easily out of the hole, the gp1300 is a bit of a slug until it hits about 25mph, even the honda can pull a nice holeshot and get a nice lead, but I can run it down pretty quickly :) once I get going I have about a 6mph advantage, the gp hits 72-73 with the right conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back