RESTO My Carbon Fiber X4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt B you might be interested in this. Took me two years to track down owner of ATM. Fred is located only 300 miles away from me and still has all the molds for all SD stuff. working a deal and I can build the parts. At 65 yrs old he still seems emotionally attached.

That would be awesome to have some carbon stuff.

matt b you might be interested in this. Took me two years to track down owner of atm. Fred is located only 300 miles away from me and still has all the molds for all sd stuff. Working a deal and i can build the parts. At 65 yrs old he still seems emotionally attached.

i just wish he would want to earn a little money on the side and make a few more hoods...

I hope new carbon fiber parts come available but just in case I keep pouring love into the old stuff. Check out this roached ATM gaugeless hood

After a trip to the carbon fiber Picasso....

Hey Matt, do you have any pics of the underside of that hood? Did they keep it with the oem tray or did they just make a small tray for the latch and leave the rest open? I was always curious on the hoods if they kept them sealed or opened on the underside. I only ever find pics of the outside.

Looks awesome! They did a really great job restoring that, looks brand new.

I don't have that hood in hand yet but they look like this underneath. There has to be a substantial underside to give it some integrity.

I have David grays triple g hood in my shop now for repair. all evidence leads me to believe it was an ATM S Glass hood. with single pin via hinge for easy removal.seems odd since with three gauges you cant remove hood since wire harness obstructs. He paid 65 bucks shipped. its heavy though. will get some full resto pics with Carbon hydrodip. Cramer Concepts here in full resto mode via sent Ohio to Oregon!

143.jpg
144.jpg
145.jpg
146.jpg

No I have not started on the other one yet. I want to but I have to keep building stock XP's to sell on CL to get some money up. I don't want to be rushed or under funded when I do it. I'm looking forward to it but it's gonna require that I have some work done on the hull in the pump/ride plate area.

I have 8 of those Bazooka pipes now. There's no good reason for it. I have SOOOOooo many old awesome race engines from the day I want to try on it. They are 785cc so I'm expecting good performance.

Another problem is that my carbon GSX 951 conversion and a couple old X4 race hulls want to be my next personal project.

Matt do have a functioning carbon x4 that you have ridden?

Yes this thread documents the build. It's beautiful, over 60mph with my fat azz on it, pump gas friendly, has an 80ish mile range, and is full of one off parts but I'm still having more made all the time. It's the finest example of one on this continent as far as I can tell.

hey matt .. bump me on text. I can turn u on to Fred from ATM with all molds for CF x4 builds. 541 285 7034.

No I don't have any interest in getting in that business but thank you for thinking of me. I turned the info on to a friend of mine up north but I'm not sure he has room for it.

I'm not seeing any progress lately on the carbon fiber parts but look at the anno job this guy did on my billet parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back