Florida Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old 98 Rover fell apart at 200K. I've spent money and a lot of full days on it but it still has issues. This sweet baby came up and hit me just right... https://daytona.craigslist.org/ctd/5418209747.html

Now I can transfer my new tires and radiator over, etc. A delivery guy is bringing it tomorrow and after I crawl around it for a couple days I should be ready to get back on dead Seadoos. I'll feel much better about making that NC ride now without fear of car failure.

Nice one Matt. We've got near on the same car. Ours is the Vouge black edition. Same car just all blacked out and with 24kt gold plated trim inside (bought from a footballer haha) Reliability is superb. Just watch out for electrical gremlins like three lights of doom on your dash. Still chasing that b**tard!

Only things I've done so far are new suspension bags, radiator and vacuum lines for cruise (they always rot).
337.jpg

Pic was the day I got the ski from previous owner - hence the condition!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Matt. We've got near on the same car. Ours is the Vouge black edition. Same car just all blacked out and with 24kt gold plated trim inside (bought from a footballer haha) Reliability is superb. Just watch out for electrical gremlins like three lights of doom on your dash. Still chasing that b**tard!

Only things I've done so far are new suspension bags, radiator and vacuum lines for cruise (they always rot).
337.jpg

Pic was the day I got the ski from previous owner - hence the condition!
Lol, just watch the electrical problems. That's so a Brit vehicle, electrical gremlins. My buddies LR disco had the 3 amigos on the dash. Never knew it was a RR issue too. There is a module that plus into the OBD2 port and will clear the dash on the LR's. It's also a pita to determine what's wrong, whether it's the abs module, traction control or hill descent. He spent hours tracing the proble, testing this, that, and the wheel sensors 20 thousand times down to just buy the module and clear it in a few minutes every time it would rear ugly head. When he finally parted ways with the disco he gave the new owner the module. Cool vehicles, just overly complicated for no reason.

Had a 2003 lr disco. Rock solid engine, but also had insane amounts of electrical problems. Loved that car

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's awesome Kwik. I even have the wife and the miniature poodle haha.

This is my fifth P38(95-02) in a row. Shops are afraid to work on them around here so I think I became the best old Rover guy in town about 5 or 6 years ago out of necessity. This one feels quicker and tighter I just wish I had given up on the white one sooner. Somebody is gonna get an old car full of recent repairs. I can't wait to get my wrenches back on Bombardier.

Dagre that guy said he had a big trailer he could load both skis and trailers on. I just don't want him showing up with a locked, titleless 96XP and some old dead SP with no title while he has his hand out for 10 hundreds. He has to get me lots of pics and I will try to knock a couple hundred off the price regardless. I'm dreaming of spotting some aftermarket parts but that's always the case.

This winter has been WAY slower when it comes to cheap dead Seadoo deals. I hate to miss an opportunity because they sell as soon as I get them fixed in summer.

Lemme know how much you want for the rover....I haven't pissed the wife off on a while.....

Don't let the "water wax" fool you. She's a pasty girl under that sheen. Look just above the C on the trailer and also around the sponson...chaaaaaalky. But it looks clean under the seat for sure.

00000_92zkI9PUvS7_600x450.jpg

http://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/5421481216.html

Could be an easy fix and these sell high $$ round here

I see them pretty frequently down here in in the 2-3.5K range, perhaps there they hold up a little better on value, florida tends to push prices down due to competition. I've always been a fan of the R12x vs F12x, Imo the R was the closest thing (since the spark) to the X4 but with a 4 stroke.

Don't let the "water wax" fool you. She's a pasty girl under that sheen. Look just above the C on the trailer and also around the sponson...chaaaaaalky. But it looks clean under the seat for sure.

a little chalk doesn't bother me, i've had good luck with the x4's if they aren't totally gone.

seller was willing to drive 30 minutes south and let me do comp test but was reluctant to do test ride (no registration), I didn't push it because it early in the conversation but honestly I only need a couple of quick 1/4 mile runs to know where I stand. I'll let it simmer for a day or two but the ski is off to a good start, most of the PITA work has been done (the hood is a big + for me).
I could finish up the cosmetics without too much trouble and I happen to have a set of mat's for it in the garage, curious if it's still around by the weekend. If I can trim a little off the top of the price it would be a good solid value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back