Craigslist ads near me.

Im heading to Pittsburgh this weekend, if anyone comes across a good deal on a 96 or newer GSX or GTX let me know. Im going to try pick something up between Buffalo and Pitts on the way to a hockey tournament. Unless of course you want it for yourself.

Found 2 to pick up on the way to Pitts, 95 XP running (124 hrs he says at the beginning of the summer) and a 97 GSX with 117 hrs on the meter. Have not seen them yet, he tells me hull is good no major scrapes or anything to the fibrglass. He tells me they both run like a top.

Agreed on $2000 for both, even if one of the motors is chewed I think ill do ok with these. In Ontario I can get $2500 for the XP and $3-3500 for the GSX.

I hear the XP's are an addiction so Ill probably sell that one.

Attachments

• 3E43M33J45Le5I25H8car0fdf68c2291a1ad9.jpg
    3E43M33J45Le5I25H8car0fdf68c2291a1ad9.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 3Gd3K53L45L85K95H3car60a41b04baee13cd.jpg
    3Gd3K53L45L85K95H3car60a41b04baee13cd.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 13
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/3513368155.html

SeaDoo Craigcat Personal Watercraft - $12695 (commerce)
Date: 2012-12-31, 6:18PM EST
Reply to: see below
LAKES AREA CRAIGCAT OF MICHIGAN. Call or Text Only 248-318-5320

Brand New 2013 Elite CraigCat boat for sale. Putting the Fun Back in Boating. Completely
unique in form and function, this state-of-the-art craft offers all the responsiveness, stability and
sporty handling associated with a larger boat, at a fraction of the price! Quick, roomy, and
exceptionally well-built, the CraigCat, delivers the rare blend of performance and genuine comfort,
that appeal to both the novice and seasoned boater alike...Features include:

2013 Evinrude 30hp E-TEC engine
Convertible Bimini Top
Full remote with electric key start
Nav and Led anchor lights
Splash-off and cooler
Stainless steel removable beverage holders
Prospec saltwater rated AM/FM/USB/MP3 sound system
Deluxe Bucket Seats
Twin Docking Lights
Fishing Rod Holders (4)
Two Storage COmpartments
Custom Full-width fiberglass storage compartments
EZ Loader Galvanized trailer
Other Colors and Models Available

Found 2 to pick up on the way to Pitts, 95 XP running (124 hrs he says at the beginning of the summer) and a 97 GSX with 117 hrs on the meter. Have not seen them yet, he tells me hull is good no major scrapes or anything to the fibrglass. He tells me they both run like a top.

Agreed on $2000 for both, even if one of the motors is chewed I think ill do ok with these. In Ontario I can get $2500 for the XP and $3-3500 for the GSX.

I hear the XP's are an addiction so Ill probably sell that one.

Did you ever pick these up? Looks like you are trying to collect all the gsx's. I like the 97 and the 99 the colors just look good

Did you ever pick these up? Looks like you are trying to collect all the gsx's. I like the 97 and the 99 the colors just look good
I did pick them up, I am actually surprised that I beat you to them. :cheers: They both run, the 97 had a exhaust cooling issue, and the 95 had no issues. they both needed a going over, fuel system, pump oil etc. They are both in really nice shape, the 97 is mint, the 95 needed a handle bar cover and rear grab handle but the hulls are almost perfect. Wont need your "how to buff" thread for these 2.

Not sure where to post this but I suppose this is the closest...

A guy near where I live posted (since deleted) a 1998 GTX and trailer for $1500. In Canada
that's certainly worth a look...of course the first red flag was that was a 1996 GTX not a 1998 as posted...

Anyway, my buddy and I ran out to see it....

You know how in every circumstance buying used, you have a 2-3 things that typically you need to look at if you buy it?

Well this one was a doozy. The front end had been damaged and repaired and repainted - not a horrible job but redone so some
sort of an accident had occurred - not a great first sign. The most telling eye-catcher was the bolts that were now holding the bumper nose on. These were bolts sufficient for Frankenstein. Quick walk around and see the "previous owner" had sawed off the end of the steering nozzle ("for additional power you see). Inside, the "2 month old" battery was now dead and the guy selling it had to get the battery replaced so he took it offline until he had a battery (he said he was getting so many calls on it)..... The
motor itself was a disgusting mess with the paint peeling off all over the place. The stainless steel was rusting, the inside
of the hull was an absolute mess and then the kicker - the seadoo had been ran so hot that the exhaust pipe had both
burned both the pipe and the styrofoam blocks black - as well as melting a large portion of the styrofoam blocks
themselves. The steering was very stiff as well - great for cruising without hands I suppose. The caulking around the body trim was
exposed and curling as well. It was very obvious this was a salt-water ran machine and never flushed etc.

Our assumption is, is that the steering nozzle was so eaten away that the previous owner to this guy just chopped it off
prior to selling it. Since we had no battery we don't have any idea the number of hours that this thing had on it but we
would have liked to have known for curiosity's sake. And this current owner acted oblivious to any of these issues. We didn't
bother to point out the obvious screaming warning signs...

So....we decided to pass :seeya: but I know that someone in this area is going to buy this POS for close to full asking price
and get stuck with an absolute roach. It already doesn't run ("fuel issue") beyond starting after a manual injection of gas down the
holes. You couldn't even part this out as quite seriously there are no parts salvageable. Nothing we can do about it but like I say, someone is going to get ripped off.

Back