Craigslist ads near me.

WOW, I wonder what happened to it.
How can a ski look so nice on the top and so bad on the bottom of hull.
Maybe it was trashed around on rocks during a storm.????

I can't imagine how that hull was so trashed. This guy is a local that has parted out many many machines and has a boneyard
of hulls etc but has alienated everyone in the area by not being professional, keeping appointments etc. I had a guy I know drive
over 4 hours to pick some parts and the guy never answered his phone so the trip was a disaster. He will post on CL from time
to time with stuff like this.

That does look like a good deal but it's a saltwater boat. It's 4.5 hours away from me, I might bid on it if it goes cheap, which it might seeing as how he has 0 feedback.

Although I will say, 0 feedback, no paypal and FL boat being sold out of IA...smells like a fake listing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look like a good deal but it's a saltwater boat. It's 4.5 hours away from me, I might bid on it if it goes cheap, which it might seeing as how he has 0 feedback.

Although I will say, 0 feedback, FL boat being sold out of IA...smells like a fake listing.

And i see no remnants of any type of Fl registration numbers either.....nor space for them, except at the very front near the bow point.

I took another look and I'm going to say 95% chance this is a scam. Those pictures were taken in FL, so either he moved to Iowa and hasn't taken new pics, just grabbed pics off the internet of a boat like his (both of these are highly unlikely) or it's a scammer that pulled these off the internet. I emailed him about pick up, we'll see what he says.

its actually really easy with google images. You can search the world wide web for pics on seconds.

so just google image with the specific item and look thru all the images? Makes sense. I guess I was thinking there
was a shortcut that Brian knew about..!

Yep just google images and look for identifying things, in this case it was the cover on the ground and mini cooper in the pic.

I basically did the reverse of what a scammer would do. This scam is very common with watches, the way to protect against it is to have the seller email you a picture of the item with something specific in it, ex) hood open or even their username written on a piece of paper.

I was thinking the same thing but scams are usually under-priced to gain interest.

This just creates guffaws!!

Matty, that is a pretty good price on that ski if it is running good and everything checks out. Although not a 75mph ski, 55 is reasonable. Sounds like he may negotiate a little as well

totally agree.. really nice price and the ski looks like its in decent shape.. if only i was closer

i couldnt be able to touch an xp hull in decent shape in my neck of the woods for less then 1100 bucks

Back