1995 HX Project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
CB381773-6F7D-4538-9A27-3D1181D80ED1.jpeg245070D8-166D-44AC-9739-B6059EAE9601.jpeg
I took this through hull fitting out to change the grommets, while I was at it I decided to clean and blow out the fitting. Something large came out of it. I’m pretty sure this is the pisser, it goes to a T fitting as seen in the picture, the other short hose from the t fitting goes just beneath the exhaust manifold which I believe is an engine drain and then also from the T fitting is a long hose that goes beneath t he engine to the rear of the ski. My question is, that through hull fitting, is it a one way valve or is it just straight through? Not sure if I damaged it or just blew a chunk of dirt out of it. I’m guessing that it is just a straight through fitting not a one way valve but I will see what I can find in the manual

0FC4F43E-6408-426B-A8E3-8752A716705A.jpegI found this crack in what I believe is called the fuel pickup unit? Will it affect anything or would the nipples that the hoses connect to still hold air? I guess I could test them with some pressure

Checked the manual again and it says 1 1/2 out plus or no use a 1/4 turn so I put it right in between 1 1/2 and 1 3/4.

Would it go here?4062CB2E-B604-4187-B625-321C23D8727F.jpeg038B2C91-5FAC-4560-85D9-0985B7D7EBE6.jpegBecause if my computer going down I need to make sure of a few things, this line here goes to the fuel baffle labelled Return

8914BE56-8CCF-4DE0-A172-E0C6105AE8DE.jpegAnd this fuel line comes from the fuel filter. It would go to the fuel inlet on the carb correct? The other line from the fuel filter is going to the fuel Selector valve labelled out

The return line from the baffle is about twice as long as it needs to be to reach and has an L fitting in it? I’m going to leave it like this but the only reason I can see for the additional length is so you have room to tie it out of the way

373C5434-6617-4E84-A499-0F8D638819EB.jpegI had a look at my 95 XP and the oil cable was routed so that it would be beneath the flame arrestor, does that seem like the proper place to route that cable?

I am pretty sure it is routed down the side of the hull not over the intake manifold.

Yes, the return line should be routed up with the plastic elbow up, not really sure why they did that.

25F97CE5-5657-4FBF-B6D0-55B379FE353A.jpegI found putting my light down there and then just taking a picture with my phone was the best way to see it. Probably a second person looking at it with an inspection mirror would have been easier but...

I accidentally unscrewed the screw that the small oil line is attached he’d to when I was bleeding the oil pump, it tightened right back up but would that have caused any issues? Note to anyone reading this, bleed the oil pump before you put the carburetors back on, might be easier to see.

I was very disappointed for about 10 minutes until I realized I hadn’t plugged the dess post in. Is there a way to upload videos here?

THE HX LIVES😀. Seams to run good, starts instantly without choke, not sure if that’s good or bad? I pre mixed about 3 gallons of gas at roughly 40:1 besides the oil injection, small lines filled up with oil. Should I be buying a Tiny Tac? No way for me to really know what it’s idling at without one.

I should be able to find what I need online somewhere but if anyone had any pictures of a stock 95 HX I could use them as reference for routing the lines correctly and also for installing the new decals. I had taken photos but as I mentioned my laptops hard drive quit and I of course had no back up.

They are $54 on Amazon in the US.
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Mete...ocphy=1014254&hvtargid=pla-570678540958&psc=1

I have had mine for over 25 years and keep replacing the battery even though they are "factory sealed".
The problem with some of the cheaper ones is they don't update fast enough to do much good and the TinyTach you can adjust it for different firing orders.

On the cheaper ones I don't know much about them.
I was just going to purchase the Tiny Tach but I see there are 2 models. TT 2B which you sent me the link for and TT 2A which is a little more expensive. Will the TT 2B model do for working on these seadoo’s?

Is there a truck to the inside boot that goes on the seat? I feel like if I had 4 hands maybe I could pull down the outer boot while pulling up the Inner boot and putting the clamp on at the same time,

Back