Walmart discontinuing Quicksilver API-TC oil??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luv2Camp

So went on line last night at Walmart and saw the store closest to me that carries this oil (1 hour away!) had the price per gallon listed at $21 which is about $8 less than it was retailing for. I had to go to that area today for work and stopped in. I could not find the oil anywhere UNTIL I found the red label rack with all of their clearance items. 3 gallons left so I scooped all three of them up. I went over to the boat section and there is all of the other 2 and 4 stroke oils out but no place or price for the 2 cycle API-TC type.

I could not find a manager and who knows what I would have been told but I can only assume that they are not going to be carrying this anymore.... Well, I now have 6 gallons and a full oil tank so I should be ok for a while I guess!

Yup Im seeing the same thing....the PWC oil correct? Its not showing as on sale or clearanced....new low price?

Yup Im seeing the same thing....the PWC oil correct? Its not showing as on sale or clearanced....new low price?

I know, it did not show sale or clearance but the only ones I could find had the red clearance label and on the clearance rack. Maybe they are just moving out the old stock from last year but my concern was that because they have all of the other 2 and 4 stroke marine oils out and there is not an open shelf spot or price tag on the shelf, this may mean it is not coming back... For $21 a gallon, that is a steal compared to XPS!

Ok so they had a red tag in store? Hmm....

What do I care...I pay out the ass and run Yamalube! :rofl:

yamalube myself too @ like $34 a gallon when not on sale. every once in awhile they put the quarts on sale @ buy 3 get 1 free deal so I buy every quart they have on the shelf.

I ran amsoil on my X4 for the longest time, mainly because I could never count on Wallyworld having the stupid quicksilver in stock, I have 3 walmarts near me but of course the one furthest away was the only one that carried it regular. The other two i'd stop in one weekend and they'd have 8 on the shelf, the next month I'd go to the same store and it wasn't there, i'd ask and the manager looks me right in the eye and says they never carried it. :bs:

after a few of those hit/miss visits, I said fug it and switched to amsoil.

oil

yamalube myself too @ like $34 a gallon when not on sale. every once in awhile they put the quarts on sale @ buy 3 get 1 free deal so I buy every quart they have on the shelf.

I ran amsoil on my X4 for the longest time, mainly because I could never count on Wallyworld having the stupid quicksilver in stock, I have 3 walmarts near me but of course the one furthest away was the only one that carried it regular. The other two i'd stop in one weekend and they'd have 8 on the shelf, the next month I'd go to the same store and it wasn't there, i'd ask and the manager looks me right in the eye and says they never carried it. :bs:

after a few of those hit/miss visits, I said fug it and switched to amsoil.

Not being smart... this is a serious question. Why do you need so much oil? Are you adding it to the gas as mix or what? I just got a gti se 130 and I don't have oil on hand so I am trying to see how much I may need this season. Thanks

Guys in Florida will ride year-round and Spim rides almost every weekend in one way or another.

Not being smart... this is a serious question. Why do you need so much oil? Are you adding it to the gas as mix or what? I just got a gti se 130 and I don't have oil on hand so I am trying to see how much I may need this season. Thanks

Two strokes burn oil like a weedeater, compared to your 4 stroke gti which requires oil changes like your car

My brother uses Mystic synthetic pwc oil in his 97 GXS for the last 3 years with no issues, I use Amsoil in my 96 GTX his oil is half the cost of mine ($20.00 per gal) as I pay $40.00, Still scared to try the cheap stuff on my fresh rebuild of 2 years! Check them out, what do you think? www.mysticlubes.com

The final mix I assume on average is nearly as rich as about 75 to 1 using the injection, maybe a little higher, so assumption correct then for about 75 gallons of gasoline expect to consume one gallon of oil.

This is for a 2-stroke of course, if yours is a four stroke you may not even burn a quart in a season if your motor is in decent condition. Completely different animal, and completely different type of oil, a 2-stroke is wasted oil burned and exhausted intentionally, never any oil changes necessary but operation costs are higher and weight of the total machine is less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought two gallons yesterday at my local wally world. It was on the shelf and cost $38 per gal I think. I did that because half of the new xps I bought ended up in my bilge due to a stupid mistake. And the closest sea doo shop is about 40 minutes away. So for convenience I am switching over since my tanks are dry and I just got new filters today. Hope they keep selling it.

I just bought two gallons yesterday at my local wally world. It was on the shelf and cost $38 per gal I think. I did that because half of the new xps I bought ended up in my bilge due to a stupid mistake. And the closest sea doo shop is about 40 minutes away. So for convenience I am switching over since my tanks are dry and I just got new filters today. Hope they keep selling it.

Better check that $38 per gallon oil as I do not believe that is API-TC rated oil for your ski.. I may wrong??

Mystic at academy sports is what I run. 20$ or under here. Been running it many seasons, raves look great, no issues

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

407.jpg

half of the new xps I bought ended up in my bilge

This is precisely why I don't fill my tank more than 1/2 full, in fact I may run it even lower. I'm not sayin' this would work for a ski b/c it sounds like most of you guys ride upside down most of the time, this is a boat, I think it might be fine for a ski though.

??? The stuff I got is the Quicksilver PWC Full Synthetic oil. Looking closely it says it exceeds JASO FD and ISO EDG, but no where is API-TC. Is this stuff different than what I need? I know they have a cheaper non synthetic oil, and this claims to meet or exceed all PWC two stroke manufactures requirements.

That was meant for soccerdad as it seems he is a little new to Seadoos and 2 strokes.

Edit:
soccerdad....mmm it should be the correct one but it should say API-TC on it somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I was like dang! C'mon now, I'm no master mechanic but I'm not putting 5w30 in my seadoo here

Mystic at academy sports is what I run. 20$ or under here. Been running it many seasons, raves look great, no issues

I think that should be just fine, it's API-TC and that's the spec'd oil. I'm not considering that for my 951 even though I'm sure it would be just fine, I probably didn't burn a full gallon of XPS last year anyway so the price differential isn't enuff to make the difference.

Now maybe if you told me your oil-injected 951 has over 300hours running that stuff I'd probably go get a case for when my XPS is gone.

??? The stuff I got is the Quicksilver PWC Full Synthetic oil. Looking closely it says it exceeds JASO FD and ISO EDG, but no where is API-TC. Is this stuff different than what I need? I know they have a cheaper non synthetic oil, and this claims to meet or exceed all PWC two stroke manufactures requirements.

Look up JASO-FD, I think that's the Japanese spec that took up where APC-TC left off? That really doesn't mean much thoug if it doesn't have the low ash package, find out if it's low ash b/c some oils are being marketed as a drop in replacement for API-TC yet they contain no ash so I wouldn't want to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back