SeaDoo XP 1996 boggs down under full throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
i looked up 6mm fuel lines on Biltema.no and they only have 8mm in stock, would that work if i clamp i down really good on every point?

No, it will not work at all... See is anyone has 1/4” fuel line then. There are quite a few makes/models of cars that have used that size over the years, so it may be easier to find if no one carries 6mm in your area.

I would be draining and cleaning the fuel tank also.

If you get a long piece of clear hose you can siphon the tank and "vacuum" the junk out of the bottom with it.

Got it to work and its drained, cleaned the carbs, they were pretty clean before too and checked the mini filtres they were clean too so those other filters were REALLY dirty threw away the intime filter and now its only the oem filter, i cleaned it and there were some kunn there too and now im purring on new fuel lines. Is there anything else that i should check for clog or dirty filters/lines?

I opened the carbs again because i wanted to be sure i did everything the right way and i noticed that the mag side carb had a cut spring. Is this fine or is this my problem?

Attachments

• 54BF9375-DEC0-4258-9105-673C38FA42DC.jpeg
    54BF9375-DEC0-4258-9105-673C38FA42DC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Those appear to be correct.

Not sure if that is your exact problem but it is a problem nonetheless.

What is this causing? Or could cause? (The cut spring) edit: both were cut

Got it to work and its drained, cleaned the carbs, they were pretty clean before too and checked the mini filtres they were clean too so those other filters were REALLY dirty threw away the intime filter and now its only the oem filter, i cleaned it and there were some kunn there too and now im purring on new fuel lines. Is there anything else that i should check for clog or dirty filters/lines?

Last edited:
okey thanks. then the solenoid have gone bad. and what is the reason for the solenoid to go bad?

Last edited:
Hey again, i replaced the solenoid, fuel lines cleaned the carbs and fuel filter. Still no start, i piller the returnline and fuel went everywhere but i got a cup under it and this is what it looks like. Is it suppost to look like this??

Attachments

• 52C2B203-9368-42AD-A562-DE7EF0F15240.jpeg
    52C2B203-9368-42AD-A562-DE7EF0F15240.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Hey again, i replaced the solenoid, fuel lines cleaned the carbs and fuel filter. Still no start, i piller the returnline and fuel went everywhere but i got a cup under it and this is what it looks like. Is it suppost to look like this??
That's pretty dirty fuel.....fuel should be almost clear.....I'd suction out all the fuel in the tank and start again with fresh fuel.

The SOLENOID can go bad internally.....it is just a small electromagnet that pushes a metal bar up to bridge the posts (internally)...eventually the bar and / or the bottom of the posts can burn/carbonize so a good contact between the posts cannot be made...so NO internal contact, No battery voltage can flow to the starter motor.

If you can bridge the posts from the outside and the starter turns.....good indication that the internal parts of the solenoid are bad (assuming the solenoid is at least clicking to make that internal connection). If the solenoid is not clicking....you are not getting the "bridge" signal from the mpem (on the Yellow/red wire).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back