SeaDoo XP 1996 boggs down under full throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay im going to rebuild the carbs but do you know of any site that has fast shipping? osd part are on vacation and the amazon venom kit has 50/50 reviews, so should i buy the venom kit on amazon for $90 or do you have a site with fast shipping?

Last edited:
I was removing the carbs and i noticed the pop off line going to mag side was loose. Can this be the problem?

@JeremyD615 the fuel selector was clean blew compressed air through and nothing can out no corrosion or anything

It’s not about what’s coming out of the selector. There’s a rubber gasket in there that gets brittle and allows air to leak in at the valve. Yours may be fine, but I always replace them, as they are a common source of problems.

I was removing the carbs and i noticed the pop off line going to mag side was loose. Can this be the problem?

I’m not sure what you mean by pop off line. If you’re talking about the pulse line, then you definitely need that to be on and sealing well. Your problem doesn’t really sound like a leaky pulse line though...

Venom parts are crap.

If the pulse line is off the fuel pump doesn't work so no fuel to the carbs.

That is an issue, the only filters you should have is the OEM inline strainer and the two tiny ones in the carbs.

It wont fill the filter with more gas than it already is inside it. So there is a clog futher up the line and maybe the other filter then? And that filter i showed in my last reply was REALLY dirty! So that other filter longer up the line may be a bad one.

cant upload the video but the filter fills 1/3 full and doesnt fill more and it wont let more fuel through the line so the engine is not getting enough fuel

You really need to go through the WHOLE fuel system and get it all back to factory specs. If you don’t, you’re going to be chasing issues until you finally break down and do it all... A clogged filter or a loose pulse line could theoretically be part of your issue, but you still need to do the whole thing, even if you find something else wrong...

Just to add more confusion those inline filters don't typically fill all the way so that isn't a measure of if it is getting fuel.

The inline Yamaha ones don't fill either.

Either way it doesn't belong in the system.

but when i turned the engine over it didnt fill more gas in that filter so it clogged loger up the fuel line? right or wrong?

Whether it’s clogged or not, it needs to go. The inline filter does nothing for you other than introduce an additional point for failure...

Everything should be standard 1/4” automotive fuel line. If you’re in a metric part of the world, it will be 6mm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back