Reverse doesn't Work

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfen

My reverse doesn,t work on my Twin engine Speedster 1997 Jet Boat. I notice that when I put the reverse "that put down the back gate" the rear gate still has some space and it can go down littler more. I can,t adjust the reverse cable any more, it is on the max adjust. Any subjection??????
:cool:

or it might need adjusting at the other end, see if someone messed with it at the shifter end.

I have the same boat but a 96. The reverse does not work no matter how you adjust it. It just stops you from moving forward.

I am shocked it doesn't move your boat some. I have a 98' 1800 Sportster with dual engines and I think we have the same bucket design and my reverse does work when I give it gas. It is not as good has prop boats but it does work.

Same here, mine works............it doesn't work great but it works. In fact, I had to adjust the cable because the boat went backward in neutral.

Yes probably I need to adjust more the cable, because when I put it on Reverse it perform like neutral....

My 95 sportster can go 6 or 8 mph backwards... if you have deep water and space and a desire to go backwards... only done it once after i replaced the cable just to check but it went good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back