Relocate Pee Tell Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouDoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
I went to the lake yesterday and went riding with some friends. One of the guys had a newer model GTI, like maybe a 2002 or 2003, it was one of the last with a 720 2-strokes. Anyway I noticed the pee hole on his ski was located on the port side of the ski just in front of the foot well.

I thought to myself, SeaDoo finally put the pee hole where you could see it while riding. I can't think of any reason why it couldn't be relocated on an older ski.

Any ideas? You could pick up the tubing anywhere. I need your thoughts for a thru-hull fitting. Or is this just a bad idea?

Lou

Moving the pee-hole is fine. I've thought about it a bunch of times... but never did. Yamaha puts it up front too.

You can find a small though hull fitting for it... or I can run some out on my lathe if you want something in a special color.

Tony, that would be great, I'll PM you with the dimensions. I'd also like some new registration numbers.

Thanks,

Lou

Id like to see the final product Lou , seems like something is like to do. I like how the yamahas shoot straight up lol.

Hi Brandon,

Will do, gonna do the GTI first, the XP's at the lake, still got the two trailers one Jeep thing going.

Lou

Just redneck it up Lou and weld the trailers together. Ya maybe closer to end of.season u will find w cheap double.

Tony, that would be great, I'll PM you with the dimensions. I'd also like some new registration numbers.

Thanks,

Lou

Cool. But, I'll probably try to do something basic today. (I'll post a pic) BUT... when you get your drawing done, Or when you are ready for the numbers... you can email it to me at: tony (at) a-lmotorsports (dot) com

Id like to see the final product Lou , seems like something is like to do. I like how the yamahas shoot straight up lol.

The straight up thing was Yamaha's attempt at a safety flag. It never caught on... but as far as I know... they still do it. BUT... Yamaha put the pee-hole on the left side, just below the hull bumper. (so you could see it while riding)

Hi Brandon,

Will do, gonna do the GTI first, the XP's at the lake, still got the two trailers one Jeep thing going.

Lou

I got lucky when I got my double trailer. I had been watching CL daily... and it just popped up one day. I called the guy about 10 minutes after the post came up... and I instantly headed out. When I got to his house... he said there was about 10 more calls on it. I got it for $500, and then I sold the 2 singles I had for $300 and $400. So... with buying new tires, and paying the tax/title... it was an even deal. (score)

Sorry I took a couple days. BUT, here it is.

By Lou's request... it's a small 1/4" barb fitting, that will use a 3/8" mounting hole. (most of the fittings need a 7/16" hole, and that requres having a large 1/2" Chuck drill) Also... this only has an 1/8" hole. This will keep the metering (water flow) the same as the OEM fitting. Most of the aftermarket fittings have a 3/16" to 1/4" hole. If you use that... you could devert enough water to over heat your exhust.

Lou... I threw one in the box coming to you. I expect a few pics once you get it.

To all: I'm going to make up a batch of them, and I'll send them out to be anodized different colors.

28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so were is this going to go at dr?? and what would you be selling them for?

I would imagine up front somewhere. I'm not exactly sure where Lou was thinking about... but I guess I should take a couple home with me, and see where they fit best at.

Funny... the other day... my buddy was riding with me, and he saw the pee-hole out the back... and he said... "Isn't that hard to see?" I said yes... but I keep my junk clean. Still.... a problem, out on the water would not be seen until it's too late.

My Polaris doesn't even have a pee-hole. It needs one.

OK... I guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

Price... don't know yet. Cheap though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine up front somewhere. I'm not exactly sure where Lou was thinking about... but I guess I should take a couple home with me, and see where they fit best at.

Funny... the other day... my buddy was riding with me, and he saw the pee-hole out the back... and he said... "Isn't that hard to see?" I said yes... but I keep my junk clean. Still.... a problem, out on the water would not be seen until it's too late.

My Polaris doesn't even have a pee-hole. It needs one.

OK... I guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

Price... don't know yet. Cheap though. (about $5)

Doc, we appreciate the update on your personal hygiene :thumbsup: but maybe that should have been a seperate thread. Just sayin :)

I know where they are mounted on a 2004GTI 2-stroke, it's just in front of the port (left) footwell just below the rub rail. I'm not planning on mounting the thru-hull fitting until I experimet the best location. I don't know how strong the stream will be so I'm not sure if I will mount it on the verticle space, or on the slope of the hull.

So what I'm planning on doing is hooking it up temporarily and going to the lake and check for the best location. I won't install the fitting until next week. I'll let yall know and send pics.

BTW the 2004GTI that I'm going from just uses a plastic nozzle and a rubber grommet, so this should be a better.

Lou

P.S. Jake, I'm ready for a comment about the strong stream, so go ahead.

OK guys... here it is. It is super easy to install. Just drill a 3/8 hole... put a little RTV around it... put the nut on the back... and run a hose.

I put it above the rub rail... I don't know if I like it there or not... but it's there. There is a bunch of room around the front to mount it... and at the point I mounted it... the battery vent is just below the rub rail... so it's easy to get to.

The factory hose was JUST long enough to use if I wanted to... but I decided I wanted a little slack in the hose... so I used 3/16 Tygon because I had it sitting in the garage. You can use Vinyl hose... or even 1/4" fuel line.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Looks sweet Dr! I want to see it in action haha. What did u do to plug up the hole on the rear.

I just stuffed a vacuum cap over it. BUT... it probably isn't an issue to leave it open. Normally... that's not under water. I guess I will make a plug for it too... and sell it as a combo.

Mr. Doctor sir. I would like one of those. Are u gonna be selling them and how would I get one. Thanks

Yep... I'll sell them to you guys. I'm playing hooky today... so I'll get them made up on Monday.

Hey... do you guys wanted them anodized, (colored) or do you want them polished like the pictures?

Well my Hull is white. I don't know if u can do white so polished is good for me. Pm me and I can pay u. I have paypal

Success

I installed the Tell Tale on my 96GTI today, works great. I installed it on the port side because the 2004 is located in the same general area. I had to remove the styrofoam and cut about a 1" notch to allow for clearance of the hose connection and fitting.

Worked out real well I used 1/4" fuel hose because that's what I had in the garage. I re-plumbed the hose slightly, I moved the "T" connector close to the outlet on the exhaust manifold and ran a new hose to the exhaust and the new hose to the pee hole. It took about 8' or 9' if you locate it on the starboard side figure a couple of more feet.

Here's some pics.100_0444.JPG100_0445.JPG100_0446.JPG100_0448.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back